Chapter 10

December 14th, 1780

    Soon, Laurens got everyone's attention "Now, everyone, give it up... for the maid of honor! Angelica Schuyler!" Everyone clapped at Angelica raised her glass. "A toast to the groom... to the bride... from your sister! Who's always by your side. To your union, and the hope that you provide. May you always be satisfied!" Angela saw Angelica's tears. Everyone thought they were tears of joy but Angela knew her sister better than anyone else.

    Angelica suddenly stopped, her tears streaming down as she stared into the abyss. It took her a good three minutes to finally realize where she was. Angela saw Angelica's fake smile creep onto her face as she repeated the same speech she gave a few minutes ago. "A toast to the groom... to the bride... from your sister! Who's always by your side. To your union, and the hope that you provide. May you always be satisfied!" Everyone clapped as Angelica wiped her tears and sat down.

    Angela walked up to Angelica and stretched out her hand for Angelica to take. Once she did, Angela led Angelica to the dance floor and offered to dance. Angelica giggled before taking Angela's hand.

    The two danced for a while before George Washington himself had to come into the ballroom and tell Angela that they had to leave. Angela bid farewell to Angelica and Peggy and congratulated Eliza and Alexander before following Washington and the rest of the 'Revolutionary Set' out of the mansion.

    A year has passed and soon the Patriots will have to go to New York. Angela was in Washington's tent with Lafayette when Mulligan came in. "The British are going to flee to Virginia once we get to New York." Angela looked at him in disbelief then looked at Washington for his response. Before Washington could give one, Lafayette cut in "Then we could move to Virginia instead. They're heading there soon I assume so we can cut them off there." Washington seemed to approve. "But there's one person that can help win us the war..." Angela trailed off, everyone looked at her expectantly. "We need to bring back Hamilton. He's persistent and is one of our best fighters." Angela finished Washington seemed to be thinking. "That's true." Lafayette cut in again "Hamilton is a one-way ticket to victory. We could win, monsieur." Washington smiled before getting out a quill and a piece of paper. He started writing something that neither Angela nor Lafayette could see.

    Once Washington finished, he turned the paper towards the soldiers as they read it.

Dear, Hamilton

Son, I know I was hard on you but I just wanted to keep you safe. If you join us right now, together, we turn the tide. Son, I have soldiers that'll yield for you. If we manage to get this right, they'll surrender by early light. The world will never be the same.

Sincerely,

George Washington

Angela and Lafayette smiled. Washington called in the messenger "Send this to Hamilton. It's urgent so make it quick." Washington commands. Lafayette and Angela make their way out of the tent with huge smiles on their faces. The cool September air hit them in the face as they went back to the stables to tell the others about what happened.

    "What!?" Laurens exclaimed, "He's coming back!?" Angela and Lafayette nod. Angela didn't know if Laurens would be happy with the news or not, Mulligan was even surprised. The group spent most of the night talking about how Hamilton is coming back and how excited they are.

    The next morning, Angela saw Alexander before anyone else. She ran up and hugged the life out of him. Hearing the commotion, the 'Revolutionary Set' and Washington came out and were immediately hyped up from seeing Hamilton. Laurens was nervous, Angela could tell. He was the last one that Hamilton noticed. There was an awkward silence before Laurens nervously waved at Alexander. Alexander continued the silence before suddenly engulfing Laurens into a hug.

    The 'Revolutionary Set' was relaxing for the most part because they already got most of their training in until Hamilton was called to Washington's office. A few minutes had passed before Hamilton came out of the tent. "What was that about?" Angela asked, "We're heading down to Virginia in a few minutes." The group got up and started to pack and arm up. Angela got Magnet while overhearing Washington ordering Laurens and a group of men to go down to South Carolina and start the all-black military regiment.

    Angela smiled at John before pulling him into a hug. "Come back safely, John Laurens or I'll die and kill you again in heaven." Angela threatened before getting on Magnet and following Washington towards Virginia.

    The French troops departed for Chesapeake just as British General Cornwallis chose the mouth of Chesapeake for their base. Angela saw Washington giving our orders. Angela was ordered along with Lafayette to surround the British by land.

    A few days later, Angela saw ships in the distance and she panicked thinking it was more British troops. "Do we have enough ammo for that many people?" Angela asked and Lafayette just laughed "No, mon ami. We're not the ones that should be worried." Angela realized what Lafayette meant. Those were French troops. The ships surrounded the beach where the British troops hid.

    Soon, fighting broke loose and the violence was non-stop. Three weeks of fighting and the Patriots completely demolished the British. Two weeks later, on October 17th, the Patriots saw a white flag flapping in the wind. They won. The Americans won. Angela grabbed Hamilton and Lafayette and hugged them tightly.

    Two days later, the surrender ceremony occurred. The British played their tacky 'The World Turned Upside Down' while they marched but was shut down by the Americans who played 'Yankee Doodle' the song that the British made to make fun of the Patriots.

    The Americans were confused about why the second-in-command, Charles O'Hara, was the one surrendering the sword. "Does Cornwallis always miss Surrender Ceremonies?" Angela teased when the British stopped in front of Washington. The Americans snickered, while the British just glared at her. Washington gave her a playful glare before turning back to O'Hara. "General Cornwallis, I'm afraid, has fallen ill."

    O'Hara tried to give it to Lafayette but he shook his head and pointed to Washington. O'Hara held it out to Washington as Washington smiled "We are honored to accept your sword." Patriots took the sword and their flags. The British left on O'Hara's command, dropping their muskets as they walked past.