No Fights Allowed

JUNGWOO'S POV:

I lay on my fluffy bed, studying for my Mandarin test tomorrow. 

This is exhausting.

I put my textbook to the side and cuddle into my blankets, enjoying the soothing scent of lavender. Yuqi got me an essential oil humidifier for my birthday when I was 12 and I've been enjoying it ever since.

"Woo! Dad said that it's time for lunch. We'll be waiting for you in the kitchen." Yuqi yells at my bedroom door. 

"I'm coming." I reply, getting up from bed and fixing my hair. 

I head downstairs and take a seat at the dining table. However, I only see Yuqi there, with my dads nowhere to be seen.

"Where are they?" I ask, tired.

Yuqi shudders. "You don't want to know. Believe me."

My face goes blank, not wanting to hear that. Yuqi looks at me and bursts out laughing.

"I'm kidding! They're just talking in the living room. Turns out dinner isn't ready yet. The food is still in the oven." she says.

I sigh, being tricked again, and rest my chin on my arms.

"So....do you have anyone at school that you like?" I ask her, mischievously.

"Um...no. No I don't." She says, suspiciously.

She's obviously hiding something.

"Oh really? Now I have to guess who it is." I say, smirking.

"Is he... in your grade?" I ask.

Yuqi says nothing and stares at the wall.

"Just give up. You know that I'll find out anyway. And then, maybe I can try getting you guys together!" I clap my hands, excited.

One thing about me: I love getting people together and I'm known to be a living cupid- well...online. I do anonymous relationship advice and I've gotten a lot of entries. Over the years, I've sprouted so many relationships without anyone knowing how they appeared.

"Fine. He's in your grade." she says, blushing a bit.

"Ooh! Let me guess. Jaehyun hyung? Everyone's favorite heart-throb?" I take her hands into mine, as if I'm going to transfer my cupid-like energy to her.

She shakes her head, giggling.

"Hm... is it Mark? Every girl likes him because he's apart of the foreign swaggers."

She shakes her head again, snickering.

"You know him." she says, a bit nervously.

"Is it..." I shudder for a second, "Ten? Sorry to break it to you, but I do NOT approve."

She slaps my arm, playfully, making me pout.

Who could it be?

"Wait. Is it Yukhei?" I ask, taking one last try.

She nods.

Ouch.

"Awww! My little sister has a crush on Lucas!" I tease her.

"I know that you like him too." She smirks.

My face becomes very red, and I look down in embarassment.

It's true. I'm a rainbow as of last summer. I've just been 'interested' in Yukhei. After all, we were childhood friends and have hung out a lot. As we grew up, we kind of separated, but as we got older, I began to think of him as maybe a bit more than a friend.

"That's not true. I just admire him." I say, trying not to start a fight between us over one boy. After all, I love my sister too much to argue over that tree.

No Fights Allowed.

"Don't lie. I heard you talking to Jisung about it after your Soccer practice." she replies.

"Well, you're wrong...I like Yuta." I lie.

I get up to get a glass of water from the counter.

YUQI'S POV:

"Well, you're wrong...I like Yuta." he says.

That's a pity, because Lucas likes you back.

"You're definitely not going to get past Sicheng, then. He knows martial arts."

I can't help feeling a bit hurt about this. It's just a tiny crush, but Yukhei is so amazing and kind. 

I shouldn't get attached. I'm just his friend's little sister.

But, I can't help getting attached. Everything he does looks amazing. One time, I remember him just walking down the hallway, but all I could see was his aura of glory and confidence. 

And believe me, it's a sight to see.

I want to tell Jungwoo that Lucas likes him back so badly, but I can't bring myself to do it. 

I like Yukhei way too much to give up that chance.

"So, we couldn't help but hear that someone has a crush! Who is it?" our father, Minho, says excitedly.

"Yuqi likes Lucas~" Jungwoo sings, earning a hit on the arm from me.

"Aw, you like Lucas, Yuqi?" my other father, Taemin, asks, even though it's obvious.

I'm about to speak, but Jungwoo is ahead of me.

"Well, what can you NOT like about him? He's strong and athletic, and he looks really tough, but he's also a giant cinnamon bun and just by looking at him you can see that he can give the best hugs with that height of his, and all of his shirts are made out of boyfriend material so-" Jungwoo's face goes pale. 

"Uh...you like Lucas, Yuqi?" he tries to awkwardly get the attention off himself.

JUNGWOO'S POV:

Well... I just exposed myself. 

"What about you, Snoopy? Do you have anyone you like?" our flaming charismatic father, Minho, asks me.

"Oh Lucas? Nah sis, he's just a friendo of mine. Ya know, my pal..." I cringe on the inside, knowing that I'm the most obvious person on the face of this Earth.

"That's not exactly what I asked...but ok." he replies, smirking at me.

"Minho, the kids are probably starving." Taemin says to his husband, while getting the food ready and out of the oven.

Before digging into my food, I can't help but notice a sad smile on Yuqi's face, no matter how much she was trying to hide it.

Is this going to become bigger than I thought?

-

Thanks for reading!