129: The Battle of Bassir: The Beginning

<Author's Note Begins>

Hi everyone. I am sorry for not being able to update for quite a few months, but my career and by extension my entire life is at stake so the choice was a no brainer for me.

I know what many of you are thinking, "Come on Author, why are you taking so long to come to the point? It's frustrating to remember so many characters and have such a complex plot."

Well, all I can say is pardon the inconvenience. Don't worry this event is going to be the last event of the past. Then we come to the present followed by the future. If you have slight trouble remembering what's happening might I suggest you re-read from chapter 120 to regain context.

So I hope you enjoy the chapter and as always please VOTE and leave COMMENTS to your heart's content.

<Author's Note Ends>

"Is it just me or does this thing all sound too mind-boggling to be true. I mean, shadow Pokemon, blood magic, a war that has been fought for thousands of years and we don't even have a whiff about it?" Cynthia remarks in an exasperated manner as she paces the room ceaselessly.

"You know it's true. We all saw what Ash, Serena and Giovanni did. We all saw the way they battled. You are just doubting it cause it's overwhelming," Lance answers only for Cynthia to take a look at Lance before returning to her own thoughts.

"I know, right?" Rowan remarks as he sips his tea.

"Anyways, we better get back to the conference room. Our break is about to be over," Diantha says as everyone proceeds to get back on their feet as they file out of the room one by one.

"Settle in," Dragon Emperor's voice floats through the room as everyone returns to their seats.

"Please continue with the story," Ash requests as the Dragon Emperor nods.

"What I'm going to tell you now is the tale of the Battle of Bassir. The story of this war is the final major event of the past I shall discuss with you all before we come to the present and then finally to the near future," Dragon Emperor replies as everyone silently sits down on their seats.

"So after the story of this war, you'll tell us what is happening right now? What's up with Giovanni and Calem and the others?" Diantha asks only for Dragon Emperor to reply with a nod.

"Bassir? I have never heard of any place with that name," Lance remarks.

"Bassir was once a county in the Sinnoh region. Today the Eterna gym stands where this mighty fortress once stood. It is where the forces of the order of the Pokemon masters under the leadership of the Dragon Emperor, named Emanuel the fourth, sieged the fortress of Bassir and then clashed against the forces of the League of Shadows under the leadership of Garundrum the Eighth. After the original war where the Shadow Pokemon were banished, this war is the final and one of the most prominent conflicts in the history of the order of the Pokemon masters," Dragon Emperor continues.

"Wait a minute. You said that the order was unable to find the League of Shadows for twenty thousand years. And all that time they were hiding in the Sinnoh region. How is that even possible?" Serena questions, scepticism painted all over her face.

"We weren't able to find it because it was expertly sealed and hidden from sight using the most powerful and intricate of enchantments. In fact had we not caught the prisoner, we would never have been able to find the way to circumvent the defences placed which were rendering the fortress invisible from our eyes and detection," Dragon Emperor answers causing Serena to look impressed against her will.