106: Wine and Dine

(In the Dining Hall)

"Well, I think there's no need for a speech. Umm. Let's get right to the dinner and wrap up today's celebration shall we?" Grace says which causes everyone to nod furiously.

"Great. Let's all take a seat then." Delia says as everyone silently moves to the table while Grace goes to Ash and Serena who are stilled rooted to their spot.

"Sweethearts, are you OK?" Grace asks in a concerned tone.

"Yes. I suppose so." Ash replies.

"You sure?" Grace inquires.

"Yes. We are fine. We'll be there in a moment." Serena answers in a quiet tone.

"OK. But if you need anything. Delia and I are here. It's your big day and anything you need, you got it. Just ask OK?" Grace says as she delicately caresses both Ash and Serena's face before turning around and leaving to attend to the other guests.

"You OK?" Ash asks Serena while taking her hand.

"Yup. Never been given a boon before." Serena replies.

"Me either. How weird is that?" Ash says before bursting into laughter. A few moments later, Serena joins in too.

"OK. Let's get this dinner over with. I think it's about time we were on our honeymoon and all alone." Serena says after laughing her fill. She takes Ash's hand and then smiles.

"I'll drink to that. Let's go." Ash says as both he and his wife run towards the dining table while holding hands.

"Alright. The married couple is here. Why don't you take the two seats opposite to me." Delia says as Ash and Serena reach the table.

"Who's that seat for?" Ash asks as he and Serena take their seats.

"Oh, this one? This one is for your mystical master when he arrives." Grace says while referring to the empty seat in between her and Delia's seat.

"OK. Then we have some appetizers first. Followed by a special edition of assorted vintage wines from the Sinnoh region. This shall be followed by the entrees and then finally the desserts." Grace says as she snaps her fingers. Everyone watches as within minutes the whole table is full with every appetizer possible.

"Dig in." Delia says as everyone cheers. The dinner proceeds in a fine manner. People are chatting away and conversing with each other. Delia is having a conversation with prof. Oak while Grace is chatting with Diantha. Ash and Serena are talking with each other with Ash feeding Serena with spicy Combusken wings. Suddenly a sizzling sound comes which causes everyone to pause and look at the door.

They see a section of the ground sizzling. The very next instant blue flames erupt from that section which subsides the very next instant. Silence falls when they see the Dragon Emperor standing there with his eyes closed. The moment he opens his eyes everyone except Ash, Serena, Grace and Delia flinch and gulp. Ash and Serena immediately stand up to greet his presence. Dragon Emperor nods following which they both sit down. Dragon Emperor then takes his seat following which he greets Delia and Grace. Everyone resumes eating in graveyard silence at first but slowly they all adjust to his presence and resume talking and eating like they were doing before.

"Big brother. Why is everyone so scared of him? He was so funny and nice when I had tea with him." Bonnie asks Clemont who's chatting up Korrina.

"Yes, you did have tea with him. But it was a very long time ago. Let's just say he's done things which terrify everyone." Clemont replies.

"Does that include you?" Bonnie asks.

"Yes, to a certain degree." Clemont says as his throat goes dry. his hands shiver as the images of the events associated with Yveltal and Team flare come back into his mind.