Chapter 20: The end of my first love

Minjeong's POV

Namjoon looked at me, as he slightly crouched down, and leaned in, and that is the exact moment where our lips met.

I closed my eyes, going with the flow, but then I remembered about Yeonjun, and that's what makes me leaned away.

I looked away immediately, and so did Namjoon. He cleared his throat, as he sat next to me on the bed, looking down to his fiddling fingers.

"I'm sorry,"

I turned my head to him, and he looked terribly guilted, as I grabbed his hand, in which he slowly turned his head towards me.

"It's okay,"

"No, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have kissed somebody's girlfriend just like that," he said, standing up from his seat, and left.

I just sat there in silence, and that is when Yeonjun walked in, as he sat next to me on the bed, looking down to my injury.

"You should have been more careful," he nagged. "I know I wasn't wrong when Namjoon wouldn't be able to take care of you, not when you're such a curious and careless and clumsy like this. Namjoon alone is beyond clumsy already, how can he takes care of you?"

I just stayed silent, trying to show him that it kind of saddens me when he didn't come running to me when I came back with a sprained ankle earlier.

"Yah, are you sulking?", he asked, nudging my arm. "Yah, Jeon Minjeong.", he chuckled.

"What?"

"Ah, so you're doing this right now?", he smirked, and before I knew it, I was a laughing mess when Yeonjun suddenly tickles my sides.

"Yah, stop it!", I laughed, my eyes getting teary from the laughter.

"Now we're talking," he smiled. "You should be more careful from now on, you got that?", he asked, as I nodded.

He gave me a warm smile, before leaning in to peck my lips, causing my eyes to widen. Ever since we started dating, Yeonjun never kisses me, not even a peck, and when he just did, I could feel my heart skipping thousands of beat at a time.

"Y-yah," I mumbled, looking away from him, my cheeks reddened.

"I'm sorry, was that too sudden?", he asked, chuckling awkwardly. "I guess it was..."

"No, I'm just...kind of unprepared for this," I told him honestly.

"Well, you better be well-prepared from now on because I'm going to shower you with lots of things like that from now on.", he playfully winked.

"Y-yah! What is wrong with you??", I stuttered, slightly pushing him away, making him giggle.

"The nurse is here, I'll be waiting for you outside.", he said after we heard the sound of someone pulling over not too far from the infirmary.

Yeonjun walked towards me again, and I slightly leaned away, scared of what's coming, "Y-yah,"

"See you, baby.", Yeonjun whispered into my ear, before pecking my right cheek lightly.

"Choi Yeonjun, just get out of here already!", I yelled out of embarrassment, pulling the sheets over my head, hiding my red face from Yeonjun.

"Aigoo, what a cutie.", he chuckled, and that is when I heard his footsteps getting further away.

Only then, I removed the blanket off my upper body, and that is the only time where I managed to breath properly.

"Aish, that dumbass. He didn't even let me breath for a second," I mumbled to myself, my right hand stroking my eventually calmed heart.