Chapter 10: First?

Minjeong's POV

I blinked in confusion and shocked, as I slowly looked up to Namjoon who's looking at me with a soft gaze.

"D-did you really mean it–"

"Of course. I m-meant it as a friend," he smiled sheepishly.

"Oh,"

And after that, we didn't talk at all. The whole journey to class is just pure silence, none of us speaks up.

Even after we stood in front of my class, Namjoon didn't say anything, so I decided to speak myself.

"See you later," I told him, as he nodded, giving me a small smile.

He waved me a goodbye as he walked towards his class, as I heaved out a sigh, before looking back in front.

I slightly flinched at the sudden presence in front of me, which turns out to be Yeonjun. "Yah, stop appearing out of nowhere like that!"

"Hehe, sorry. Anyway, I'll be waiting for you right here so we can go to work together later.", he said, smiling brightly.

"Yeah, whatever.", I said, and get back into class, getting ready for the first lesson.

"Where were you? Yeonjun waited for you here for like 30 minutes," Mijoo said, as I looked up to her.

"Huh? Why would he be waiting for me?", I asked her, as Mijoo shrugged.

I just shrugged it off, taking my seat, and that is when Mrs. Shin walked in, as we get started with the first lesson.

-------------------------------------------------

"That's all for today, kids. Don't forget about the camp this weekend, okay?", Mrs. Han reminded, as all of us looked at her in confusion.

"Um, sorry, Mrs. but what camp?", I asked on behalf of my classmates.

"Oh? You kids didn't know? You have a camp with the 11-1 class.", Mrs. Han said.

"Oh god, a camp? With the smart ass kids?", Yoon Jisung groaned.

"Yes, with the smart ass kids. Anyway, enjoy your camp. I heard it's going to be amazing. That's it, kids. Dismissed,"

Then, Mrs. Han walked out of the class, leaving the chaos behind her as all of the students dashed out of the class.

I calmly shoved my stuffs into my bag, and that is when Jimin came, stopping in front of my desk.

"Hey, Minjeong.", he greeted with a smile on his face.

"What's up," I replied, and walked out of the class, leaving the couple behind.

As soon as I stepped out from the class, I bumped into a firm chest, and somehow his cologne smells very familiar.

I slowly looked up to the person, and saw Namjoon smiling sweetly at me. "I noticed you always bumped into my chest," he chuckled.

"It is unintentionally, okay? And why are you even here out of the blue?"

"I want to take you out. I mean, I want to bring you to–"

"Yah, Jeon Minjeong!", a voice cut Namjoon off, as we both turned our heads towards the familiar voice, and saw Yeonjun running towards us.

"Let's go," he said, slightly panting.

"Where to?", Namjoon asked, looking a little bit confused.

"Work," I answered shortly.

"Can I come with you?", he asked, looking at me anticiptingly.

"What? Why would you be coming with me? I'm not joking around, Namjoon. We really are going to work,"

"I'm just bored," he pouted like a kid.

"Yah, we got tons of homeworks today! You can finish them since you love homeworks," Yeonjun said.

"I finished them when Mr. Kim was not in our class earlier,"

"Bro...so you're saying you finished writing 5 essays and 50 Calculus questions in two hours?", Yeonjun looked at him in disbelief, earning a nod from Namjoon.

Yeonjun shifted his attention back to me, shaking his head, "I can't even finish an essay within an hour,"

"You're crazy," I said to Namjoon as he just giggled at me.

"Yeonjun-ah, let's just go. We're getting late," I told him, as we walked off to the hotdog shop we worked at.

Namjoon is still trailing behind us, as I turned around, and before I knew it, he is now standing next to me so now I am in between the guys with Namjoon on my right, and Yeonjun on my left.

"Joon, you should just go home. We'll be working until late at night today,"

"It's okay, I'll wait for you.", he said, as I turned to him. "I mean, for you guys.", he said, looking away from me.

"Fine, do whatever you want.", I sighed, giving up on shooing Namjoon away.

After a 15 minutes walk, we've reached the hotdog restaurant, as Namjoon went to find a seat.

Yeonjun and me went to the changing room to get changed into our uniforms, and by the time we get to our counters, Namjoon is already sitting in a table of two literally right in front of my counter.

He had his books on his table, probably revising, but he had his elbows on them, his head resting on his hands as he stared at me, smiling from ear to ear.

"Why are you looking at me like that?", I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, as he just giggled, shaking his head and continued studying.

And just then, a customer walked in, standing before my counter, as he looked down to the menu on the counter.

"I'll have one set B," he said as I nodded, receiving the cash from him as I put them into the cash register.

"Thank you," I slightly smiled at him, handing him his change.

While I was organizing the cash register, a person stood in front of my counter, as I looked up with a smile, only to be realizing that it was Namjoon.

"What are you even doing?"

"I'm a customer too, you know.", he said, winking playfully. "I'll have two set C," he said.

"Two? Namjoon-ah, set C is the biggest set and you ordered two of it?", I said as he just shrugged innocently. "Whatever," I sighed. "That'll be 7778won," I said to him, as he handed me an amount of cash.

"Have you ever been seduced by any men while you're working here?", he asked, casually starting up a conversation.

"No,"

As the word left my lips, his lips tugged upwards into a flirtatious smirk, as he leaned against the counter.

"So I'm going to be the first one to seduce you then,"