Chapter 18: Camping Day (2)

Minjeong's POV

After hanging out at the river, Yeonjun and me head back to the camping site, and there was not much people there, except Namjoon.

"Namjoon-ah," Yeonjun called out, and he looked up from his phone, standing back up on his feet.

"O-oh? You guys are back," he stuttered.

"Yeah, where's the others?", Yeonjun asked him.

"They went to play at the jungle pool,"

"All of them?", Yeonjun asked again, in which Namjoon only replied with a nod. "And why aren't you joining them?"

"Oh? Uh...", he trailed off, and he suddenly looked at me, but as soon as our eyes met, he immediately averted his gaze. "I don't feel good,"

"Headache again?", I asked, and Namjoon looked back at me, as he slowly nodded.

I pulled my hand out of Yeonjun's, as I jogged towards my shared tent with Mijoo, and rummaged through my backpack, looking for my aromatherapy ointment.

I ran back towards Namjoon, and handed it to him, but he looked rather confused, so I grabbed his hand, and placed it on his palm.

"You should bring this always with you since you always have headaches," I told him, but he still looked at me, clueless.

"T-thank you," he muttered underneath his breath. I smiled warmly at him.

"You're lucky my girlfriend is super thoughtful,"

Namjoon looked quite surprised at the way Yeonjun addressed me as his girlfriend, as he looked at me, and looked back at Yeonjun.

"G-girlfriend?"

"Yes," Yeonjun smiled, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Oh," Namjoon said, looking away. "I'm going to gather the kids since it's almost dinner time.", he said, and left.

He seems to be bothered.

Yeonjun slipped his hand into mine again, and that is when my attention was shifted back to him, "Yes?"

"You know, I thought you didn't like me at all. So I was hesitating a lot when I wanted to confess to you that day," he said.

"Okay, you know what? I've been crushing on you since we were like, eight?"

Yeonjun's eyes went wide at me, as I looked away, somehow embarrassed after telling him that. "You gotta be kidding me," he said in disbelief, shaking his head.

"I swear to God, Choi Yeonjun. I've liked you for years now," I told him.

"Oh my god," he gasped. "So all this while I've been anxious for nothing?"

"Well, I think so..."

He suddenly went in for a hug, and I slightly flinched at his affection–well, I didn't prepare my heart for this, at all.

"I love you so much,"

"Yah, why are you suddenly like this?"

"I said I love you," he pouted, squinting his eyes at me.

"I love you too," and as those words escaped my lips, his pout immediately turned into a smile, as he pecked my cheek quickly.

My cheeks immediately turned red, because Yeonjun never pecked me on the cheek ever since we started dating.

I was kind of shocked and super embarrassed.

"Aww, look at your red cheeks!", he said, cupping my face with his hands, giggling.

"S-stop it," I told him, tossing his hands away from my face.

"Aha, you cute little thing.", he chuckled, pinching my cheek.

-------------------------------------------------

"Alright, now I want you to split up into partners," Mrs. Choi instructed, and Yeonjun immediately looked at me.

"Let's team up–"

"Ah, right! Except for the president and vice president because they are assigned as partners," Mrs. Choi added before Yeonjun could finish his sentence.

Yeonjun pouted sadly, knowing that we're not able to be partners. "It's okay," I mouthed at him, but he just gave me a small smile, looking back at Mrs. Choi.

"But I want to be partnered up with you," Yeonjun mouthed back at me.

"We'll team up for the next activities," I mouthed at Yeonjun, and only then, he smiled as bright as usual, flying me a kiss, causing me to giggle.

"One more thing, choose your partners wisely because it's going to be your permanent partner. Which means you're going to be partners for the rest of our stay here,"

I looked at Yeonjun, and he was groaning out of frustration, as he ruffled his hair in annoyance. "I'm sorry," I mouthed at him, but he just crossed his arms against his chest, with a little pout.

A girl slowly made her way towards Yeonjun, asking him if she could partner up with him, in which Yeonjun just nodded his head.

The girl smiled brightly knowing that Yeonjun is willing to be her partner. I just chuckled at the girl named Han Danhee's effort on Yeonjun.

I know that she has been crushing on Yeonjun since middle school–well, who doesn't? Yeonjun is probably the only person who didn't know.

It's kind of obvious though.

"Alright, kids! Get into your chosen partners since we're going to start our first official activity today.", Mr. Kim said, as I stood next to Yeonjun, Namjoon standing on my left.

While Mr. Kim was briefing about the treasure hunt, Yeonjun secretly slipped his hand into mine, as I turned my head to him.

And when I did, all he gave me was a playful wink, followed by a smug. I just chuckled at him, shaking my head at his sneaky ass.

I noticed Namjoon looking at our direction, as he cleared his throat, and looked back to the front. I pulled my hand out of Yeonjun's, as I focused on the briefing.

About 20 minutes later, Mr. Kim was done explaining everything about the treasure hunt, so now we're wandering around the forest to look for any clues.

The others are walking towards the other directions, and it ended up with just me and Namjoon walking around this area, looking for clues.

While we were walking, I lost my balance after tripping over a branch, but Namjoon acted fast, as he held me in his arms just in time.

We stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds, until I came back to my senses and stand back on my feet, tucking a single strand of hair behind my ear, fixing my fishtail.

"Be careful," he said, in which I only replied with a nod, as I continued walking around, leaving Namjoon behind.

Suddenly, a hand was slipped into mine, and when I looked to my right, I was surprised to see Namjoon walking right next to me, his pace matching with mine.

My heart skips ten beats at once when he held my hand, as I looked up to him again. "I'm only holding your hand because your clumsy ass would probably trip over the thin air again," he said without even sparing me a glance.

I just smiled at his words, as we continued walking around. I'm not going to lie,

I really love the way he held my hand as we walk around–it's like our fingers are meant to be intertwined.

And that is when I realized something; I may have a little crush on Kim Namjoon.