Chapter 11: Shy Joon

Minjeong's POV

I looked at Namjoon in disbelief, unimpressed, as I just neglected him, continued with what I was doing.

"12, 1000, 890," Namjoon interrupted, and I ended up miscounting the cash as I looked up to him, eyeing him cautiously.

"I suggest you sit the fuck down before I cut your thing off and make a hotdog with it," I warned him, and he gulped nervously, as he slowly backed off, going back to his seat.

"You really freaked him out," Yeonjun chuckled while preparing a customer's order.

"He interrupted me while I'm adding up the money. You know how much I hate doing the same thing repeatedly," I sighed in annoyance while looking at Namjoon who is currently eating his waffle fries.

He suddenly stood up again, as he walked up to me, grabbing my hand as he dragged me to his table.

He forced me to sit down as I just blinked in confusion, and watched him taking his seat right next to me.

"Yah, what are you doing-"

"You haven't had anything yet, you must be hungry. I purposely ordered another one for you. Eat up," he said, stuffing a piece of waffle fries into my mouth.

I started munching on the fries, looking at him bluntly, and I ended up eating with him while leaving my counter unattended.

As soon as I have finished eating, I stood up, was about to get back to work but Namjoon stopped me again, grabbing my wrist.

"Let's take a day off," he said.

"What? You're crazy, I need money or else I can't go into college next year.", I told him.

"I can sponsor everything,"

"No, I won't let you do that. I can't keep on relying on other people and started to be independent myself," I said.

"But I can't bear to see you working this hard just to make a living," he said, his gaze softened at me.

"It's my life, Namjoon. It's my fate," I told him, and left to get back to my counter, lending a hand to Yeonjun as more customers keep coming.

And while we're both busy assisting the customers, Namjoon came again, standing by my side.

"Let me help you," he said, and grabbed the tray of drinks and snacks I was holding, and brought them to the customers who had asked for the items.

Namjoon helped us delivering the orders to table by table, voluntarily becoming our unpaid waiter. "Yo, want to check out the new movie released today?", Yeonjun asked.

"Bro, we finished our shift at freaking 12am. I need sleep," I said to him.

"Hm, alright. Tomorrow then,"

"Yeah, whatever–"

"Can I come too?"

We both turned around to see Namjoon looking at us anticipatingly, and not forgetting his big doe puppy eyes.

"O-of course," I ended up saying, despite wanting to have a literal date with Yeonjun alone, but going out with Namjoon isn't a bad idea either.

Then, all three of us continued handling the customers, and before we knew it, it is already 11pm, which is the closing time.

Yeonjun left to flip the 'OPEN' sign over to reveal the 'CLOSED' sign on the other side of the plank.

I went to the changing room and changed back into my casual clothes, letting my hair fell to my shoulder.

I walked out of there, bumping into Yeonjun in the way, and went to see Namjoon outside the restaurant, waiting for us.

"Hey,"

He turned to me for a second, but then he looked back at me, his eyes slightly widened, looking like he's at lost of words.

"What?"

"You're so pretty with your hair down," he said. "Thanks, I guess?", I shrugged, giving him a small smile.

A few minutes later, Yeonjun came, after making sure all doors are locked. "Let's go home," he said, as all of us walked home.

It is 11.44pm by the time we get home, and Yeonjun just left to go into his apartment, leaving me with Namjoon at my doorstep.

"Thank you for helping today," I told him, as he smiled, nodding.

"I think I'm going to work there too,"

"There's no vacancy there–"

"Liar,"

"No, I'm not–"

"I saw the notice," he said, as I mentally face palmed, forgetting that there is a notice pasted on the door.

"Fine, you're not going to get accepted anyway. And even if you do, you won't even last for an hour," I smiled daringly.

"Don't underestimate me, Jeon Minjeong.", he smirked.

"Whatever, I'm going to bed. Bye," I told him and turned around to get into my apartment.

But then I stopped at my track as I felt something grabbing my wrist, as I turned back to Namjoon. "What else, Joon?"

He released his grip on my wrist, as he looked away, and looked down to his feet, his cheeks started getting red.

"Bro, you good?", I asked, noticing his reddened face.

Instead of answering my question, Namjoon held out his arms, as he slowly approached me, and stood a feet away from me.

He looked up to me with his big doe eyes, as he mumbled something underneath his breath, which made me chuckle at him.

"Um, a friendly hug?"