Chapter 16: Good signs

Minjeong's POV

I looked around me, and there I found my purse laying next to the vending machine, half of it already under the vending.

I quickly grabbed it, and looked back at Namjoon, "Uh, thank you.", I said to him, but he didn't reply, as he just walked away, probably heading to his class.

A sigh left my lips, as my shoulder dropped in disappointment, knowing that Namjoon still doesn't talk to me.

I picked myself up as I walked towards the vending machine to grab my drink, before heading back to class.

I walked towards my seat, and that is when Mijoo and her boyfriend came, standing beside my desk.

"Yah...", Mijoo spoke, as I looked up to her. Her eyes widened, as he cupped my face, slightly lifting my face up. "Oh my god, look at your eyes...", she spoke with a worried expression on her face.

"You really cried a lot," Jimin added, as I just gave them a small smile, before shifting my gaze back to the front.

"Jimin-ah, can't you talk to Namjoon? I can't bear seeing my best friend looking like–I mean, look at her.", she said to Jimin.

Jimin side hugged his girlfriend, rubbing her arm gently, "I talked to him yesterday, but he didn't even open the door."

I looked back at Jimin, "Is he still locking himself up in his room?", I asked, and Jimin nodded, as I sighed, "Does he even eat?"

"I don't know, I suppose...not?", Jimin said.

"Tomorrow's the camp, right? Is he going?", I asked.

"Of course, he's the head prefect. Thank god he is, at least he's not going to lock himself up for the whole weekend."

"That's right," Mijoo agreed.

-------------------------------------------------

It's 2pm, and now all of the students are going home, as I walked out of there calmly, until someone called out for me.

"Minjeong-ah!"

I stopped at my track, and not even for seconds, the person is already standing next to me, as he greeted me with his usual bright smile.

"Do you still want to go to work after this? I mean, we have a camp tomorrow. You're going to be so exhausted if you–"

"Yeonjun-ah," I cut him off, leaving him dazzled. "I have to go,"

"If that is your choice, then, alright.", he said, as we walked along the street together, heading home before going to work.

"Minjeong-ah," he called out again.

"Hm,"

"Actually, I have something to say to you.", he said, making me stopped at my track, as I looked at him.

"What is it?"

"Um, well, the thing is..."

"What? Can't you just tell me right away unless you want us to be late for our shifts–"

"Let's date," he said, as I stared at him, wide-eyed, and I tried to think about it.

I liked him for such a long time, but why can't I say 'yes' to him? It's like there's something holding me back. And I don't even know what it is.