Chapter 19: Camping day (3)

Minjeong's POV

It has been 20 minutes since we started walking around, and I was looking around, when I saw a yellow paper pasted on a tree that's 10m from where we're both standing.

"Is that a clue?", I muttered to myself, pulling my hand out of Namjoon's, running towards the clue, leaving my partner behind.

"Minjeong-ah, don't go around by yourself!", Namjoon called out behind me, but I just kept trying to chase after the yellow paper that keeps getting further away from me because of the sudden blow of quite strong wind.

After running for quite some time, I managed to step on the yellow paper, stopping it from dancing to the wind again.

"Finally," I panted, tired of all the running. I crouched down to grab the paper, only to realize that it was an advertisement instead of a clue that we were supposed to be looking for.

"Fuck, I wasted my energy for nothing.", I sighed, crumpling the paper, and threw it somewhere in the area.

"Namjoon-ah, let's go.", I said, but he didn't answer me, which is so absurd of him.

"Namjoon-ah..?", I called out again, slowly turning my head around, only to find no trace of Namjoon.

I looked back in front, before looking all around me, as I gulped nervously while looking at the unfamiliar-looking place.

Shit, where am I?

I looked around to look for any signs of the paths I've walked on before, but I couldn't recognize any of them.

I continued to walk around, hoping that I could find any path that leads me back to the camping site.

"You can do this, Jeon Minjeong. You'll find your way home. Fighting!", I cheered on myself, and continued walking around.

-------------------------------------------------

Namjoon's POV

Minjeong left to chase after something that she claimed as a clue, but I couldn't match my pace with hers, in which we ended up parting ways.

And now I can't find her anywhere.

"Minjeong-ah?", I called out, but she didn't answer, as I searched for everywhere in the area, looking for her.

After looking for her for the next 45 minutes, and that is when I feel like I should check if she is already at the site.

I ran my way back to the site, and everyone are already here, gathering around while Yeonjun was busy making sure everyone is here.

"Everyone's here?", Mrs. Song asked, as Yeonjun scanned through the students, making sure all 60 students are here.

But after he counted them, there was only 59, including him, which means one person is not here with us.

"One person is not here," Yeonjun said, as he looked down to the name list, before looking back at the students in front of him.

"Wait...", he trailed off, looking at the students' face carefully, and his eyes suddenly went wide.

"Jeon Minjeong," we both said in unison, and Yeonjun turned his head towards my direction, and I wasted no time, as I ran back to the woods.

"Minjeong-ah!", I called out, as I walked around, calling out her name repeatedly.

"Minjeong-ah!"