Chapter 7: A meal together

Namjoon's POV

I waited for Minjeong to arrive, and as I saw her walking towards her class, a bright smile immediately appeard on my lips, as I head to her class too.

I stepped into the class, and saw her talking to her best friend, Mijoo who is apparently sitting in her seat.

"You know what? We should go on a double date. Me with Jimin, and you with Yeonjun.", Mijoo suggested.

"But he is not even my boyfriend," Minjeong said.

"But you love him, don't you?"

My pace stopped upon hearing Mijoo's question, somehow started feeling anxious to hear Minjeong's answer.

"Well...yeah, I do but–"

My eyes widened at her answer, as I stared at the floor wide eyed, and it was as if the sky has fallen down, as my hope crushed into million pieces.

"Namjoon?"

So all this time, she likes Yeonjun?

Choi Yeonjun?

Her best friend for years?

"Yah, Kim Namjoon."

"Oh? Ah, yes?", I stuttered, looking up to her beautiful bare face.

"What are you doing here?", she asked, giving me a small smile.

"Nothing. I was just–I'll just go back to class," I said, dashing out of her class, and went back to mine.

As I walked into my class, my eyes first landed to Yeonjun, and that is when Minjeong's words repeated in my mind.

"Well...yeah, I do."

I stared at Yeonjun's face, Minjeong's words repetitively flashed back into my mind.

"Kim Namjoon!"

I looked up to the person who just called my name loudly, and it appeard to be Choi Yeonjun. "I'm sorry, I was–nevermind, what were you saying?"

"Are you okay?", he asked, putting his right hand on my shoulder.

"Me? Yeah, of course. Everything's fine," I said.

"Alright, if you need somebody to talk to, just saying I'll always be here.", he smiled, and made his way towards the front door.

"Yeonjun-ah," I called him, and he turned around, his eyebrow raised a bit.

"What is it, bro?"

"N-nothing," I ended up saying, giving him an assuring smile.

I went back to my seat, as I crossed my arms against my desk, burrying my face into them. "Yah, Kim Namjoon."

"I looked up once again to see Hoseok smiling brightly at me. "What?", I spoke, definitely not having any of it right now.

"Yah, what's with the long face on such a nice day?", he asked. "Namjoon my bro, we should smile a lot, and cherish every moment of our life with things that–"