Prologue

Minjeong's POV

I was walking through the hallway after class with my best friend, Kim Mijoo. But as we are only a few metres away from our lockers, she noticed Jimin standing next to her locker, looking down to his feet, leaning against the wall.

As if I wasn't there with her, she bluntly ran towards her boyfriend, leaving me behind, and left with him.

"Betrayer bitch," I muttered underneath my breath as I slammed my locker opened, arranging my books in the locker.

Making sure it's locked, I walked towards the school gate, as I heaved out a sigh in relief, knowing that it is time for me to get out of this place.

I crouched down to tie my untied shoelaces, and a few students passed by me, all are excited at the idea of going home.

Standing back on my feet, I brushed off the dirts on my skirt even if it was actually spotless.

I continued walking home, passing by a black luxurious car, and a guy is standing patiently next to it, waiting for someone.

Not long after, a guy with a black blazer came, panting. "I'm...I'm sorry, hyung. Mrs. Park wanted to see me for a while earlier so that's why...I'm a bit...late,"

"It's fine, you're always late anyway. Here's a drink for you," the guy said, handing the panting guy a full cup of chocolate smoothie.

"Thank you—"

Before the guy could even took a sip, he dropped the entire cup onto the ground, as the guy that seems to be older than him sighed.

"Why did I even expect you not to spill it?," the guy sighed, getting into the driver seat while the guy is still standing there, dumbfounded.

I just shrugged it off, and continued walking, glancing at my watch.

My eyes went wide as I realized it's almost 3 when my shift starts sharply at 3!

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I cursed while running towards the hotdog restaurant that I worked at as fast as I could.

Namjoon's POV

"Okay, you may leave now.", Mrs. Park said, as I bowed politely at her.

I walked out of the counselor's room after hearing Mrs. Park reporting about students creating a chaos in which its motive is still unknown.

And that's what she wants me to find out.

"So, what's the matter?", Hoseok asked, putting an arm on my shoulder.

"Like always," I answered, and he understood immediately.

"Complaints about students again?", he guessed as I nodded. "You know what, I actually regretted it for voting you as the new head prefect. Now you rarely had the time to yourself, to hang out with us, things like that."

"I told you guys not to vote me as the head prefect," I sighed, recalling the day where I won 999 votes as the head prefect among all of the 1000 students who voted.

"It already happened anyway," Hoseok said, and that is when my ringtone blasted off.

I fished out my phone from my blazer, and my eyes bulged at my phone screen. "33 missed calls??"

"Who? Jin hyung?", Hoseok asked.

"I'm so doomed. See you later, Hoseok!", I said and dashed towards the exit before Jin hyung gets mad at me for being late, again.

In front of me, there's a girl with a sky blue bag calmly making her way out of school, but then stopped to tie her shoelaces.

I ran back towards the usual spot where Jin hyung always parked his car, but he's not there today.

But then I noticed a familiar black car across the street, and the girl with the blue bag is also there.

I apologized to Jin hyung for being late again, but he handed me a drink, in which I ended up spilling it.

He just sighed, shaking his head, "Why did I even expect you not to spill it?", he said and got into his seat.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

I turned to the source of voice, and saw the girl with the blue bag running away as fast as Jungkook.

But then I noticed she dropped an envelope onto the ground, as I made my way towards it.

I crouched down to grab it, before standing back on my feet. "Should I open it? Should I not?"

"Namjoon-ah! Can't you get on already??", Jin hyung yelled from the car, his head popped out from the window.

"Coming!", I replied, before staring at the girl who's already about 400 metres away from me.

Jeon.

Since she ran fast like Jungkook, that's what I'm going to call her from now on.