6 - Tipping

Last night was crazy, and if I wasn't dead, I'd probably be exhausted. To sum the whole night up in the fewest words possible would be that Derek is back to normal, no longer his adorable, sixteen year old self, Kate is the one that killed the gas station attendant, and one hundred and seventeen million dollars was stolen from Peter. Not to mention that Kate brought this supernatural creatures called beserkers that even Peter was afraid of. Peter called them beserkers and they are humans covered in animal bones. They may not sound bad, but when you hear them growl, the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

        I considered hanging around with Lydia because her being able to see me is very refreshing, but I know today is the lacrosse practice before Coach picks a new team. I want to be there to support Stiles, even if he doesn't know I'm there. 

        Stiles would tell anyone, but he was jumping around in excitement over the fact that he was getting back to playing lacrosse. He was so cute. If I had actually been there, I would have hugged him like crazy because he was just so adorable. I wanted to hug him. Sadly, the only thing I could do was just stand in the corner of his room, watching with a smile on my face. 

        "Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles asks his best friend, walking through the doorway to the lacrosse field, right behind the bleachers. 

        "He did." I pipe up, skipping behind them. I jog a little to be ahead of them and walk backwards. "I mean, I watched him do it, and I did threaten that if he didn't do it, I'd throw something at his head, but, you know, he didn't hear me."

        "Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team." Scott walks through the small walkway between the bleachers. "He just told me to show up at tryouts today."

        "It's in the bag, Scotty." I pat his shoulder. 

        His head snaps down to the shoulder I just touched. Oh, crap. I forgot they can feel me now. I hold my hand to my chest. Actually, that's not a bad thing that they can feel me. I did agree with Lydia that they wouldn't find out about me yet. 

        "We got bigger things to deal with anyway." Stiles waves the other topic away with his hand. "Did you tell Argent?"

        Scott stands still when Stiles turns around to face him. "Ah. I texted him, but he didn't get back to me."

        Stiles gives his best friend a ludicrous look. "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over text." 

        I place my hands on my hips. "Stiles, you do realize that Chris is over in France, right? Do you have the money to fund an international phone call?"

        "I didn't have the money to call France." Scott shrugs, like it's obvious, which it really is. 

        Stiles exhales through his mouth. "Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." 

        I frown, remembering how Stiles was when the Nogistune decided to invade his body. "Stupid Nogistune. I hated that. I hated seeing you that way."

          "Another notice?"

        "Yeah, this one said, 'Final.'" Stiles sighs. His face scrunches up. "Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like a hundred and seventeen million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

        I resist the strong urge to slip my hand in his. "You deserve somewhat of a life, Stiles."         

        Scott's attention leaves his best friend and goes to the group of guys in sportswear, practicing for the tryouts. "It is now."