27 - Handcuffs

"- I swear I don't remember seeing her on the other side, but, also, the other side is so massive that it would be nearly impossible to find her. Not to mention that I had no idea who she was when I was on the other side, so I wouldn't know if I had seen her anyways- Oh!" 

"Okay, that's enough out of you." Stiles stands behind me with his right hand placed over my mouth. His left hand is wrapped around my shoulders to keep me against his chest. 

The corners of my lips tug downwards against Stiles' palm. Mr. Stilinski shakes his head once I'm silenced by his son. I guess I was talking to much. Lydia rolls her eyes at me in Stiles' hold. 

"As we were saying before this one started to ramble," Stiles taps his index finger against my shoulder. "It's not just that she could be alive." 

Lydia nods, "It's that she would've had to fake her death."

Mr. Stilinski's face scrunches up, trying to process this new information, "Your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?" 

My hands fly up to pull Stiles' hand off of my mouth to say, "Definitely!" 

"Carter!" Stiles is quick to cover my mouth back up. 

Lydia side glances at me, "Maybe." She corrects me. 

I lick part of Stiles' palm to make him pull it away for me to say, "More than likely, yes." 

"Okay, first," Mr. Stilinski walks around his desk to slide open a drawer. He grabs a pair of handcuffs and rips off a piece of duct tape. "Carter-" 

"Papa Stilinski, I feel so betrayed right now!" I raise my voice when he grabs my wrists and gentle pulls them behind my back to place the handcuffs on. "You're supposed to be on my side here!" 

He rolls his eyes and presses the tape over my mouth. He points to the seat behind me. "Sit." 

I pout beneath the duct tape. Instead of sitting on the small couch in his office, I stubbornly walk around his desk and plop down in his office chair, careful to not hurt myself with the cuffs. 

Stiles chuckles, "I regret giving you that espresso earlier." 

Mr. Stilinski turns back to Stiles and Lydia, "I'm guessing you got a story to back this up?"

"She might be helping The Benefactor." Lydia shares. 

"Or is The Benefactor." 

Mr. Stilinski exhales, "That sounds like a story worth hearing." 

With the three of them staring at each other, I shift around in the desk chair, trying to maneuver my arms enough to slide them under my butt. They are too busy talking to each other to pay attention to me. It's their own mistake for thinking that this would keep me detained. Clearly, they have forgotten what my last name is. Ever since I reunited with Uncle Chris, we decided that it would probably be best if he attempted to teach me how to fight and defend myself again. 

Mr. Stilinski walks to his office door, sticking his head out, "Anybody seen Parrish?" He looks to a deputy at a desk in the other room. "Haigh?"

"Haven't seen him." 

Mr. Stilinski pops his head back in his office, shutting the door this time. As Stiles and Lydia begin to tell him the story about Lorraine Martin, I slyly work on getting out of my handcuffs. First, I need to get my hands in front of my body instead of behind me. 

I try to spread my arms as far apart as I can to fully slide them under my butt and bend over when I struggle to move my limbs correctly. After a slight struggle, I thank my flexibility and move my handcuffed wrists to my lap.