2 - Shattering Glass

Wolfsbane and locking them all up. That's what Araya meant by negotiate. Personally, I want to throw a massive rock at her head. I stayed with them the entire time that they were dragged away to a whole new room, where everyone else joined them, except they were unconscious. These people don't play around.    

        "He's awake. Guys, he's awake." Kira calls out to them as she bend over Scott, who has been unconscious on the floor for a while. 

        Malia and Stiles quickly walk over to their friend. 

        "Oh, thank god." I breathe when I see his eyes open.

        "Scott, you okay?" Stiles asks him.

        Scott tries to sit up on his own and manages to do so when Kira and Stiles helps him. "Yeah. They don't have him. They don't have Derek."

        "We know, but right now, they've got Lydia." Kira explains, worriedly.

        "Lydia? What do they want with Lydia?" 

        "Don't worry, I followed them when they took her, so I know where to watch over her." I shut my eyes and concentrate on the area outside of this building.

        When I reopen them, I see Lydia and Araya sitting at a small table with a tea set between the two of them. There is even a tray of fruit, cheese, and bread.

        Araya pours both of them some tea. "I have to admit I don't have much experience with Banshees." 

        "That makes two of us, since I don't have much experience being one." Lydia calmly says, staring at the table.

        Araya brings her tea up to sip from. "I have a feeling you underestimate your abilities, Lydia."

        "And I have the feeling that you need to let all of my friends go since you don't actually have Derek." I bitterly reply. I sink into a chair by Lydia.

        "Trust me, you'd have better luck with tarot cards." 

         Araya grins. "Let's find out. Tell me, which one of these men is about to die?" She waves her finger at the two men standing guard to them with their backs facing us.

        Lydia's face pales as she turns to the two men. How is she supposed to know that? Lydia doesn't have that kind of control yet. Araya can't do this to her. Lydia looks between the two men, desperately trying to figure it out.

        Araya picks up an orange with a sharp knife in her other hand to peel it. "How does it work? Do you need to touch them? Maybe I give you something they own. Or is it just a... a feeling?"

        "I really don't like you." I reach across the table to try to pick the knife up that she set down. 

        My fingers go right through it. If I sit down on something, I'm fine, but actually picking something up is much harder. I remember the first month after my death, I couldn't sit down in chairs or anything because I would go right through them and crash to the floor. It took time, but I finally got the hang of it.

        Lydia looks away from the men. "I told you I don't know."

        Araya taps her finger on the knife. "Just how close to death do they have to be?"    

        One of the men looks over his shoulder at the two of them. Araya sneakily picks up the knife hiding it from his view. Lydia's mouth parts. The man fully turns around and that's all it takes for Araya to fling the knife his way. The knife buries itself in the man's chest, right in the heart. Lydia jumps up from her seat, giving a small scream. The man grabs his chest just as he falls to the ground.