Chapter 40: Back Together

En başından başla

Blake: At first I thought Adam was "justice", then I thought he was "passion". But over time, I realized I was wrong. He wasn't any of those things. He was "spite". Not "hatred", not "rage", "spite".

Blake: He won't accept equality, only suffering for what he feels the world did to him, and his way of thinking is dangerously contagious.

Blake: That's what worries me about llia. She's not like Adam, not yet at least, but I don't know how long that will last.

Sun: She was your friend, huh?

Blake: She was. Her chameleon traits meant she could pass as human. She could've lived a normal life if she wanted, but she didn't.

Blake: I always admired that. She lost her family in a mining accident when she was young, then she joined the White Fang.

Blake: Like me, she was more or less trained on the road alongside other Faunus.

Blake: She learned to survive, to defend herself, but as people like Sienna and Adam started to gain a following, she became more dangerous.

Blake: I guess I did too. My parents tried to get me to leave with them, but I refused. I had Adam and Ilia, after all.

Sun: You know we're gonna have to face her eventually.

Blake: I know.

Sun: So, what are you gonna do?

Blake: I'm going to try and help her the way you helped me.

Blake: You and Y/N showed me that sometimes you need to be there for a friend even when they don't want you to be.

Blake: I was drowning in guilt and fear, I tried to push you both away, but you guys didn't give up on me.

Blake: And I can't give up on Ilia. It's about time I saved my friends for once.

Sun: [Heh.]

Sun: Speaking of Y/N, you never said what her word was.

Blake: That's another hard case all together but I'm thinking "Perseverance".

Ruby Y/N Pov:

Since figuring out that the change of my body was my Semblance evolving I decided to train and figure out how far I could go with it.

Currently I'm training with Oscar so he could have a better use of his weapon.

Oscar: Yah!

He swings his cane at me from the right as I make a gauntlet to block the blow and kick him away.

He then rushes me with multiple Cane Swings with me being put on the defensive.

Oscar: [Battle Cry!]

He does one final swing breaking one of my gauntlets as I use the other to land an uppercut.

Oscar: Gah!

He lands on the ground in defeat.