Chapter 30

I keep doing this to you guys and I'm so sorry. I disappeared for a really long time and I have a million reasons why but I won't bore you with that. I know this chapter isn't my best but I wanted to give you guys something. I want to thank all of you guys who have continued to encourage me with my writing and asking about and sharing my story. I now have over 40,000 reads and climbing and I couldn't be more grateful to you guys. Enjoy this chapter guys!

“Hand me that other bag over there.” I pointed to the big blue bag on the sofa and Bre, rolled over, grabbing it. She handed it to me and I dumped it out on the floor. Numerous pairs of shoes and socks came rolling out into a pile on the floor.

“Oh my God! Why is there so much stuff?” I groaned and leaned back against the chair. Me and Bre had been spending all day organizing Alannah’s stuff. Bre and my mom had surprised me with a baby shower two days ago and I was still opening presents. Not to say I wasn’t grateful but I think Chres’s mom and mine went overboard with all the gifts.

“At least you’re saving money this way. All you really have to do is finish getting the furniture and then you’re done.” Bre said, folding a onesie. I guess she was right but I had already went shopping before my shower because I wasn’t planning on having one. I eventually started separating the pile, throwing stuff into their spots. I zoned out until I heard the front door open and close. I looked up and Chres came in, a box of pizza in his hand.

“You guys are still going through stuff?” He put down the box in the kitchen and came back, standing behind the sofa. We both answered yes and unison and continued to move stuff around. Chres came and sat in the chair behind me, his legs on either side of my shoulders. I leaned back and laid my head on his lap.

“I’m sleepy.” I closed my eyes and felt a kiss on my forehead.

“Then take a nap. You stayed up pretty late last night.” He started rubbing my shoulders and I felt myself get more drowsy.

“Alannah was moving around too much. I couldn’t get comfortable and I can’t take a nap. We have that couples class later on. Did you forget?” I opened my eyes and Chres’s expression gave himself away. He had completely forgot about it. I just laughed and tried to stand up, an even bigger challenge at six months pregnant. I teetered back and forth on my thighs and eventually gave up. Chres laughed and stood up in front of me, grabbing my hands. With much effort he pulled me up off the floor.

“Well the class starts in a hour. We should probably head out soon.” I grabbed a bag and balled it up, throwing it into the trash pile. Bre got up and grabbed her purse.

“Thank God! I can finally leave, no offence Destiny but this wasn’t fun at all. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” Bre gave me a quick hug and waved at Chres, heading for the door. I just laughed and headed down the hall to the bedroom. I grabbed a pair of sneakers from the closet and sat on the bed, attempting to put them on. I tried to reach my foot but I wasn’t even coming close. I leaned on my side and tried to kick my foot up, to no avail. I heard a small chuckle and looked to see Chres at the door.

“Don’t just laugh. Help me.” I said pouting. He chuckled and shook his head, walking over to me and kneeling on the floor.

“Why don’t you wear sandals or something you can actually put on?” I rolled my eyes and kicked him with my free foot.

“Haha make fun of the pregnant chick because she can’t bend over. Sandals don’t support my feet and they are really killing me right now along with my back.” Chres finished tying and helped me off the bed, wrapping his arms around what was left of my waist.