Chapter 25

Oh my gosh guys. I can't thank you guys enough for reading my book.  I gained over four thousand reads since uploading my last chapter. I am so amazed by how much you guys like it. The fact you sit and read my words and enjoy my stories really touches me. I wish I could repay all of you in some way. I'm just so grateful for you guys and your comments and likes really make my day. Thanks again and yes this is a new chapter. I hope you guys enjoy it. Vote and comment down below what you guys think will happen next or just anything you want. I really like reading them. New chapter starts now!

 I woke up again confused and disoriented but quickly realized where I was. I was still in the hotel room. My head was pounding and I could barely open my eyes do to all the crying I had done for the past three days. I eventually got out of bed and grabbed my phone, knowing my inbox and messages were probably full of calls and text. I turned it on and immediately my phone was dinging with incoming notices. I looked through them and there were three names mostly displayed on the screen; Chres, Bre, and my mom. I decided to call my mom first, knowing she would be the most worried. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer. It only rang once before her frantic voice came through the phone.

“Destiny! Oh my Gosh. Thank God you’re alright. Where are you? Are you safe? You didn’t answer to any ones calls or texts. We were all so worried.” Her words came rushing out in a big jumble and I had to close my eyes to understand her, my headache not helping.

“I’m fine ma. I got a hotel room and I’m gonna stay here for a while. I just needed some space away from everything.” I laid back down on the bed, my whole body still exhausted.

“Well you could have at least sent a text. What happened? Why did you leave?” She was full of curiosity and questions but I wasn’t ready to answer them. I really didn’t want to tell her the truth about the reason I left. I know she would overreact and call the cops on Chres, which I really wasn’t prepared for or want. I was mad at him but sadly I still loved him.

“Chres and I broke up. It was a stupid argument but I don’t think it’s gonna work out between us after all.”

“I’m sorry honey. Do you want to come home?” I thought about it but ultimately knew it was a bad idea. I still had a lot going on here that I couldn’t just throw away.

“No ma. I promise you I’m fine. I’ll get a small apartment or something. I still have work and school to worry about.”

“Well OK honey. Just call me if you need me. I love you.”

“Love you too ma. Bye.” I slowly hung up the phone and went back to my messages to text Bre. I know she was freaking out as much as my mom was if not more. I sent her a quick text saying I was OK and that I would call her later. I didn’t even bother to respond or even look at Chres’s messages and calls. I wasn’t ready to talk to him. I was still hurting and in shock from it all. I knew if I heard his voice or saw him, I would completely cave in to him but I couldn’t do that. He really hurt me and I needed to know he wouldn’t hurt me again. I finally got off the bed and headed to the bathroom. I turned on the light and looked in the mirror, touching my cheek. It was slightly bruised and sore to the touch. I let out a sigh and threw some cold water on my face. I knew I had to go back soon to get my stuff. I hadn’t grabbed anything on my way out and I couldn’t stay in theses clothes forever.

  I grabbed my stuff and made my way to my car. The drive home seemed to be longer than before. Maybe because I was in a complete daze, the whole way hoping and praying that Chres wouldn’t be home. I turned into the driveway and was relieved to find it empty. I turned of my car and made my way inside, heading straight to our room or what used to be our room. I grabbed all of my luggage and began throwing my stuff into bags, not bothering to fold them or organize it in any way. I was grabbing my jewelry and made sure to take out the earrings and necklace he got me.