Promise Me It Won't Happen Again

POV: Author

"Hey, I'm home."

"Hya, I'm in the kitchen," a voice responded to the man who just entered the house, if one could really call it a house.

The man made his way to the kitchen. "So I heard something interesting in the store today."

"What?"

"The police station got hacked?" the man said, tilting his head slightly.

"Oh, really? Interesting," he replied as he took a sip from his coffee.

"Yeah, apparently whoever did it even left a message for a cop. Agent Campbell, or something like that? Say, wasn't that the cop that started investigating your cases?"

"Hm, now you mention it, maybe it is, yeah."

The man started laughing. "Did you really just order a pizza at the police station?"

The other man joined in laughing. "Okay but you should have seen there faces. Wait, you can, let me
show you," he said as he opened his laptop.

The man sat next to the slightly taller man who showed him the security cameras which showed a lot of police officers looking very confused and/or annoyed at the screens which showed the message for agent Campbell.

"Okay, this is pretty funny, I can't deny that, but... Don't you think it's kinda dangerous talking to the cop who is trying to find you. Didn't we agree we wouldn't do this since that thing with that Agent back in LA. I don't wanna have to move again dude."

"What are you talking about? That was your fault."

"No, it wasn't!"

"Yeah it was! You were the one that went out and-"

The man interrupted him, "it doesn't matter who's fault it was. The point is, it can't happen again."

"Don't worry dude, I got this, I'm careful. Besides, I'm not the one showing my face everywhere. There is no way they'll find out it's me. It takes a IT genius with months of free time to find me, and seeing all the stuff you've been doing, I don't think the cops have enough money left to spend on that," he laughed.

"True, true. Anyway, just be careful, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"Promise?"

"What are we, five?"

"Ahw come on, pinky promise? Like you always used to do when we were little?"

"I hate you," he said as he finished his coffee, took his laptop and left the kitchen.

~•_•~

Hello all. How are you enjoying the fic so far? Anything yall would've wanted differently or anything you want to happen? Either soon or maybe just ever in the story? Please let me know. Thanks, bye.