A Cat And A Flower Pot

Start from the beginning

Hopping back up to my cushion, I glanced up at the black plant pot on the table. Hmmm... Should I use that? I never did like that pot... Jumping up onto the table, I curled my body around the cold ceramic and shoved it sideways.

The plant flew out as the pot dropped, proceeding to shatter across the balcony and almost hitting the child. He jumped at my action. Good, don't go gettin' into fights.

Looking towards the window I listened as the child continued in his attempts to stand. Finally, I saw the head I was waiting for. My human opened the sliding glass door with a very grumpy expression. His eye bags looked awful but they always did. My human's dark purple hair was a mess and his right forepaw held the shiny metal cutting stick.

When he saw the child though, he lowered the weapon and his expression changed.

Midoriya's mind was filled with fog. His body was slowly locking down. His arms felt like lead in water, he couldn't move properly anymore.

But the real obstacle that halted his panic was the darn metal-barred balcony! Why were these balconies his worst enemies? Because his feet get stuck. Yes. His feet always get stuck. It's something that Midoriya hasn't figured out yet, but he can now.

Why?

Because his feet. are. STUCK.

And to make it worse his arms are shaking too much to let him prop himself up. If Midoriya was in this situation on any other day, he'd probably scream in frustration. But his body is going numb. His fingers are tingling and his head is pounding but that's all.

And then.

Smash!

Izuku couldn't even turn around to see what was going on. He waited for the owner of the sound to show but all he got was a "mew". So a cat was there? Did I hurt it when I slipped on the railing?

Izuku quickly gave his leg a tug, trying to pull it through before the cat alerted anyone. The terrace was dotted with black flower pots, maybe the cat pushed off a pot. Unfortunately, Midoriya was in clear view of the glass sliding door and saw movement inside. Fearing for the worst, he desperately tried to pick himself up, only going still when he heard the scrape of the plastic frame move.

He didn't look up; what if a villain who recognised the Wolf Spider's face lived here? What if it was a hero? Midoriya was that wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn't hear the sigh and quiet footsteps approaching.

A white flash of pain shot through his head and he jerked forward, closing his eyes and headbutting the metal flooring. Shutting his eyes allowed a cascade of images to fill his mind; much like the rewinding of a tape. Yet again, blood occupied his senses, and pain flared through his body.

He was suddenly mindful that someone was beside him, but his body wouldn't respond to his brain, he couldn't move away or defend himself. Midoriya's mind felt like it was in two places at once.

This is probably sleep paralysis. Like a nightmare but with full awareness of the surrounding area, the body goes into a paralysed state usually between waking up and going to sleep. If that's the case, why are these dreams so loud that it's blocking off the voice of this stranger?

Izuku was abruptly alerted by a second pair of footsteps. The first pair had been heavy and purposeful, these ones were quick and light. Midoriya would be lying if he said he didn't recognise them, though he couldn't place them specifically. There was just so many things going on in his head that he couldn't quite place it. Why did he have to be so pathetic? The vigilant was helpless and defenceless. By now, his limbs had locked still, his fingers couldn't even twitch.