Aizawa And The Spider

Izuku POV

I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. The pain I was in could be described as feeling your guts getting pulled out of your body, yet, I stayed awake through the trip. Shinsou was in there with me, trying to hold a conversation to distract me from my misery. The doctors just worked around him, taking x-rays with their quirks and so on.

Before I knew it, I was in a pale blue room with no Shinsou beside me, a needle in my wrist and a distant beeping in my ears. A heart monitor? It's been so long since I was in hospital...

I must've zoned out or something because there was now a different someone beside me... They weren't there before were they? My body is numb, I can't sense the exploding pain in my back anymore, the reminder of the events prior to my capture, my thoughts are all fuzzy- Wait! Did they use a sedative on me?

Like a miracle, I found the strength to jump up and bolted for the door, though my efforts were cut short as I was tugged down by the bed frame. I was cuffed to the guides on the hospital bed, and I fell to the ground in an ungraceful mess. I rattled the bonds experimentally, testing my chances at escaping.

"Quirk suppression cuffs, please be careful. I don't want you being injured again." A gruff voice informed me as the sound of rustling and movement came from the other side of the bed. I almost felt like laughing, quirk suppression cuffs on me? Now who's the idiot that didn't do their research?

It never occurred to me that the other person in the room was a hero, let alone one I knew. I realised that as Erasure Head crouched in front of me, that subtle glint in his eyes informing me that he was anxious. "Hey kid, good to see ya awake. Now get back on that bed." His voice was calm, very unlike him.

All I could do was huff in defeat and stagger up again, sitting on the mattress. The hero gave the nurse a nod of dismissal, suggesting he should leave. The nurse nodded as well, closing the door behind him as he went.

I take the chance to look around, noting how the equipment in the room hasn't changed much in the two years I've avoided these large medical buildings. I looked at my arms, an IV in my right arm, and a cuff on my left. I absent-mindedly went to pull the needle out of my vein when a pale hand gently pushed mine away. Erasure was looking at me with worry in his eyes, keeping my hand away from the needle.

"You know you lost a lot of blood right? I need to ask you a couple of things. Is that alright?" The man asked, clearly unhappy about something, which concerned me. I don't think I have a choice, so I nod.

"For the sake of the doctors, where did the burns on your back come from?" The black-haired man asked in a quiet and gentle voice. I looked at him in confusion, then it hit me. The memory of the burn's origin came back and I hung my head. I've never been good with expressing my emotions, which is why I wear my mask. My mask! My free hand comes up to my face and I feel my chin, my mask was definitely gone. My hand trail to my forehead to feel the rough material of a bandage, I look at my fingertips and spot only a smudge of black paint, suggesting that my face was clean. They've seen my face! How badly can I fail in one day?!

My hand swings back down to my side and all I can do is give the man in front of me the most dead look possible. I didn't even feel like crying, I just felt so lost. If they knew my identity then I wouldn't be able to help animals and people anymore! And if I managed to get back to that house, then I know I wouldn't forget my mistakes. So I asked something instead, "Is everyone safe?" I saw the bandages wrapped around the other's arms, which hinted his recovery didn't go as planned.

Erasure Head seemed slightly shocked as he pulled a chair out to sit opposite me, though he quickly composed himself a second later. "Everyone is fine. Thirteen was injured but they believe she'll be healed in less than two weeks. I'm healing and that only left you as the other person with major injuries." He paused to let me think it over.