A Poor Child

I watched from the large cherry blossom tree. Nezu was keeping the kid occupied and no one else had seen me. The only other person in the close vicinity was a young woman who was walking past, then there was a sudden flash.

The vigilant barrelled straight into her with a gasp of surprise, and they cartwheeled into the bushes at the side of the park. I couldn't see but I could hear some sort of lecture and the woman ran off into the trees, I couldn't see her properly but I noticed the black and blue mask she was wearing.

Staying still, I saw my student run over to the vigilant as he emerged from the bushes. Nezu had given my location an all knowing glance before watching the pair's encounter.

"I'm sorry about that. I didn't hurt her don't worry." the Spider states as he takes a seat next to UA's principal again. I recently decided that I was just going to watch the boy from now on, and stop trying to catch him unless it was completely necessary.

Nezu nodded and continued his questioning. "At the xxxx Mall attack, you used some type of self-destructive bomb and at the school, that rope came out of nowhere. Where do you get these devices and what's in your belt pockets?" Aizawa knew Nezu had been intrigued by the vigilant's weapons every since he'd found out about them.

Wolf Spider leant back on the bench and huffed, "It was not a bomb, it was a flare. And yes, it did self-destructive as to lower the risk of being discovered on the job. I make all my gadgets from rubbish and things people throw on the beaches. The rope is a different matter though but I don't want to explain all of its inner workings." He states. Then he stood up and looked at the purple-haired boy on the bench, "Anything you need dealing with? I can talk to Z if you need? Do you need a train ticket?" he tilted his head a little.

I could tell that my student was a little nervous or dissatisfied with the question, though he answered with, "No, it's okay now. I can get home fine!" there was a little happiness creeping into my troubled pupil's voice that I had never heard before.

Before anything else could happen, the vigilant vaulted over the short metal fence and was gone in the matter of seconds. I took my chances and zoomed after him, I got back to the city without another sight of the vigilant and left. I want to go back to sleep! I wandered back to UA, it was currently half past five and Nezu would be bringing tea back with him.

I see Present Mic walking around on a patrol and hop down next to him. "Wah!" the voice hero screams in shock.

"shut up"

"Oh Erasure, didn't see ya there!" he greets.

"Shush. I'll be back on patrol after I get a coffee. Wolf Spider's out and about so don't make the kid's ears bleed." I walk away, leaving the grumpy hero behind to work half of my shift.

The nearest open cafe was down the street from my current location, but I really needed caffine in my system, so I braved the journey.

•Five minutes later •

Heated coffee steamed in my hand as I headed to the vets. I had almost forgotten that I'd adopted two cats, so Mic had to keep taking my shift. Upon entering, I heard meows and purring from the waiting area. A boy with black hair sat at the table with both of my cats. He didn't even look up when I approached.

"Hi." The child whispers as he tickles the big cat behind her ear. She was laying flat across the table, bandages wrapped around her body as she flicked her tail around happily. The kitten was asleep in the older animal's paws.

I sat next to the young boy and asked, "Did the staff let you look after them?" I was trying to keep my attitude light so I wouldn't scare my cats. I can't say I'm not jealous.

"They came out. The vets are treating some other animals that showed up a minute ago and these two almost got out the door. I'm sorry if they're yours, I didn't mean to do anything wrong...", the kid's voice was hushed with stress and quiet apologies.

I looked at my cup of coffee, then at the cat. She gave me a look that showed affection, then looked at the boy with a troubled, concerned expression. I couldn't really figure out what she meant until I looked at the boy again. He had a purple-yellow bruise on his face as well as a couple of scratches on his freckled cheeks. His hair was damp and actually had some dark green highlights mixed in.

"You... Haven't done anything bad... Don't worry. May I ask, what happened to your face kid?" I asked while reaching out to pet the maine coon. The boy flinched away, which was enough to tell me that it was a sensitive topic. I caught him shaking his head from the corner of my sight. "Do you need help?" I pressed while stroking my cat. I didn't expect to talk to a kid tonight.

The boy flinched again, staying silent for a moment before whispering "No. Sorry." and stood up to leave. I could tell the kid had no self-esteem at all. My cat tried to bat his arm as the boy went past, but he just kept walking. I was about to call out to him when my phone let out a dreaded ping, ping, ping, ping.

Great! I shuffle through my pocket and answered the phone, peeking up, I saw the kid was already gone and there wasn't a single sign that he was truly there. The fluffy cat mewed as I listened to the caller. It was Hizashi. He was yelling. I hung up. I left for my apartment with my new cats. I named my cats. I went to the sofa and got in my sleeping bag.

The big cat sat on my face and the kitten fell asleep in my sleeping bag hood.

I fell asleep. Goodnight noise, don't wake me.

~

WAKE ME UP WHEN IT'S ALL OVER!!
Finally found the energy to post. Sorry for the wait, I've had a couple... Issues... For a little while and wasn't happy to post so yeah.
See ya next time!