Part eight-Virgil

I woke up, cuddled into Janus. Something was pinning me, and for a second I thought it was Roman. Then I saw the mustache and realized it was Remus. I squirmed a bit, feeling like I was being squished (which I was) until I managed to push him off of me and onto Janus. The lying trait groan and opened his eyes slowly. "Why... Oh. Right." He seemed to understand why Remus was there, and didn't bother trying to be gentle as he pushed him off, Remus very close to falling off the bed. There was a knock on the door, Janus got up, opening it with a spare arm as he put on his cape and hat with the others. The extra arms disappeared as the door opened, and my jaw fell open. "Thomas? What are you doing down here? You know you can't be down here for long!" My voice took a worried tone, as I noticed the bags under Thomas's eyes. " 'm fine Virge. Just kinda wanted to know about the lack of anxiety. And literally any flight or flight instinct. Like... Logan threw a laptop at me. Again. And it just smacked me in the face." I realized that I had stayed in the light side of the mind palace for so long, that it thought my room was there. It didn't help that Thomas probably didn't know about what went down between me and Roman. In a way, I didn't want him to know. I was supposed to be this tough, brooding, good-but-also-bad guy. Not an emotional just-barely-not-a-teenager who cried more often than not, danced in his room alone to 'emo' bands, and ran out of the room when everything was just too much. I think Dee noticed my shift in mood from slightly anxious to slightly panicked, because he stepped in front of me. Remus has been woken up by the noise, and had come over to me, wrapping an arm around me, subtly. You could tell Thomas noticed him there, because he flinched when Remus looked at him. I rolled my eyes, and scooted closer to Remus. I'm not exactly sure why Thomas still dislikes Remus as much as he does. I mean, I get that he causes Thomas to have intrusive thoughts and loose sleep over them, but we went over that with Logan. It should be fine now. Thomas looked increasingly uncomfortable just standing there, so I didn't want to keep him waiting. "Something happened, Thomas. Between Roman and I. Roman doesn't approve of my friends, and he made that clear. I wouldn't say I don't care about his opinion, because I do. But I value my old friends more. So, I'm gonna stay down here for a while. Lay low. By the end of the day, my room should recognize that I'm down here, and make a copy. Then your anxiety and flight or flight will come back. Until then just don't try to cook, use sharp objects, or electrical sockets. Alright?" I finished talking, having sat up a bit about halfway through. Thomas nodded before pausing. "How do I get out of here?" I smiled slightly, before looking around, eyes landing on Janus. "Can you-" I was interrupted by Dee nodding. "No. C'mon Thomas." Thomas looked at me as if I'd grown another head. "You want me to go with Deceit?" I nodded, and Dee rolled his eyes. "I will bite. Now don't come on." Thomas nodded slightly and stepped warily to Deceit. The snake sunk out, Thomas in tow. He popped back up a moment later, without the most likely disoriented travel partner. He took a running leap and face planted on the bed. "Always again." I giggled, and patted his back comfortingly. Remus came over to us, tripping over his mace, and making his way to the bed. "More cuddles?" He made a puppy dog face, and I nodded. Remus climbed on the bed, laying over Janus and I, closing his eyes. "Love you guys~" he murmured. "Love ya too, Ree." Janus and I said in unison, laughing as I lied back on the bed, perfectly content to stay like that forever.