I Think It Was Ghosts

Linda painfully walked down the stairs with Sean in her arms. Her legs were sore, her arms were sore... she was just all around sore. She put her baby in his high chair with a small groan, kissed his head, and turned around to get the coffee started. She was so glad she could drink coffee again; she missed the wine a little bit, but that was no big deal. In a few weeks she'd be able to have alcohol once again.
"Morning, gorgeous," Danny came into the kitchen, Jack in his arms. He plunked Jack in his normal chair, ruffled his hair, and stood next to Linda.
"Hello, handsome. You're awfully bright this morning."
"I got good sleep," he reached for their novelty mugs while Linda snickered. "You doin' okay?"
"A little sore," she took her I couldn't if I fried mug from Danny. He had the matching set, and the lyric before, that said don't go bacon my heart. Linda had gifted them with those on their first wedding anniversary. They barely had enough money at that point to get presents. She got the very affordable mugs for herself and Danny, and Danny bought them monogrammed robes. Linda wore hers almost all the time, and he hardly ever wore his.
"Sore, Huh?" He smirked knowingly.
"Yeah. But it's a good sore. Like post-workout sore." She poured coffee into Danny's mug, then her own.
"I hear bangin' las' night," Jack looked up at his parents.
"What kinda banging?" Danny brought the cup to his lips.
"Like this." Jack hit the table as hard as he could, then looked at his parents once again.
Linda gave Danny a look, her cheeks slowly flushing red.
"Maybe it was the pipes?" The father suggested, taking another sip of coffee.
"I don't think so," the little boy shook his head. "Wha' was it?"
"Oh. Would you look at that," Danny held up the wrist with the watch on it, "I gotta go." He kissed Linda's cheek, and ruffled Jack's hair. He kissed Sean's head who just giggled, and called, "bye!" as he headed out the door.
"Mommy?" Jack looked at her.
"Yes?"
"Wha' was dat sound?"
"I- I- I...... I think we have ghosts." Linda nodded in all seriousness. "Why don't you make a trap for them at school today?"
Jack nodded, "I can to dat!"
Linda smiled and lifted her mug to her lips, thinking, honestly.
*************
"So what did you tell him?" Danny asked, looking to his wife. He was on his lunch break, and was glad Linda was able to slip away.
"I told him we have ghosts."
"Really? Really?"
"What're you supposed to tell a four year old? 'Sorry we were making too much noise, but that's what happens when you have sex'?!"
"I don't know. But not that."
She rolled her eyes. "I'm glad Mary can still watch Sean. We're gonna have to find someone else soon, though."
Danny nodded, "but who? It's not like we can exactly afford a babysitter five to six days a week."
"I know. And for that many hours...." she chewed her fries thoughtfully. "I still have a membership at King's General's daycare. It's a lot cheaper if you're on the staff. He could hang out there. I know the daycare lady. She's super sweet."
Danny nodded, "I remember her. Kinda dippy, though."
"She wasn't dippy. Just.... smiley."
He raised an eyebrow.
"Okay, so she's a little dippy, I'll give you that. But she's really sweet and loves kids. Whaddaya think?"
"It's a good idea," he agreed, nodding his head.
"See? Didn't I tell ya I'm a genius?"
Danny chuckled, "yes, you did tell me that."