Linda's New Rule

Linda lightly pulled Danny aside before they sat down to Sunday dinner.
"What's up?" He cocked his head slightly, his cute eyes a little blood-shot. He hadn't been able to sleep last night, and neither had Linda. He was up with nightmares, she was up with a fussy Sean.
"I know you're probably gonna argue, but I don't want to hear it. I'm putting an alcohol limit on you." She watched him groan and roll his eyes, "Don't you roll your eyes at me. You get one glass of wine and one beer. That's your limit. You can have two beers or two wines, but not at the same time. If you want whiskey, you're gonna skip the other alcohols."
"Why?" Danny tried not to sound whiny.
"Because you've become an alcoholic, Danny. Whether you like it or not, but it's true. I wanna be a decrepit old fool with you, okay?"
He smiled a little, "okay, baby. You're the nurse."
"I know im being a tough nurse right now, but if you play your cards right.... maybe I can be a fun nurse?" She pecked his lips and headed to the kitchen.
He smiled. They were getting better; she was making quips and innuendos. We're gonna be just fine.
***********
Danny nursed his wine throughout dinner. He was less than pleased with Linda's new law, but he understood it.
"More wine, anyone?" Henry held up the bottle.
"I-"
Linda cleared her throat, brining the water glass to her lips.
"Danny?"
"I- I'm good."
"When can you have alcohol again, Linda?"
"Once Sean's completely off the breast milk."
"Do you miss it?" Erin asked, cutting Nicky's meat.
"Not as much as some other things." She gave Danny a nudge, making everyone chuckle. "No, I'm- I'm better." Her slight health issues had been the talk of the table. It ranged from her infections to her colds she seemed to be getting more easily. "It's- it's good. We're finally getting the house settled; just some clothes and toys and trinkets left. It's a process, but, y'know, that's how it goes."
Jack Boyle took the wine bottle, "you sure you don't want any, Danny?"
"I'm good with just the one," Danny answered as Linda furrowed her brow.
"You sure? I mean, everyone else is having more than one." He had heard the limit Linda put on the detective.
"I said no."
"Jack, let up." Erin lightly chided. "It's his business whether he only has one or not."
"Thank you," Danny and Linda answered together.
**********
Danny had been secretly staring at his wife all night long. He realized exactly how much she loved him, how much she cares for him. If she didn't, she would've been out the door years ago. He watched as she lifted the glass to her baby pink lips, the water shining on her top lip. He wanted to suck that water off; he wanted to suck the breath out of her; he wanted to suck her smooth skin. He cocked his head, noticing something about her. "When did your hair turn brown?"
Linda raised an eyebrow, her attention being drawn away from her sister in law. "Eightish months ago?"
"Oh." He nodded, thinking about what her silky chocolate brown locks would look like fisted in his palm. Little did he know that he was going to start a new tradition once they were in the safety of their bedroom.