Chapter 97

Rafaela felt a thin but strong pain on her shoulder that made her ease the grip around James's neck. She had lost her strength there. Her jaw clenched as the sudden pain attacked her and it was so strong that it forbidden her from screaming. James's cries woken her up for reality once again.

"No..." He cried holding her so tightly. Her eyes closed and though in unbearable pain she held back onto him.

"I'm here baby..." She whispered with shaking voice and then she winced. "Oh... it's hurting..." She gasped as she breathed fast.

"Rafi?" He asked and pulled her away with his tears blinding his vision.

"I'm ok." She winced again, but he saw blood in his hands and on his shirt.

"Stop that!" Kelly yelled frustrated and fired the weapon again.

Though it got stuck ,she kept pulling the trigger hoping it would fire again. They had been incredibly lucky that moment. Kelly tried and tried but the gun didn't fire.

"Are you ok?" He asked patting her hair and kissing her forehead, oblivious to everything that was happening around him. Rafaela nodded and gasped as the pain was so strong.

"It's my shoulder..." She said.

"Are you really ok?" James asked just to be sure it was safe to leave her, for he realized Kelly's gun had no more bullets or was not working. That was the moment...

"I am..." Rafaela whimpered. James groaned almost animalistically and looked up. "James..." Rafaela called him for she knew he was about to burst. "No..." She tried to say but it was too late. His eyes showed he was lost.

"BITCH!" James yelled looking at Kelly as if he had been stroked by sudden reality. His rage and fury showing up and he left his wife and walked towards her with giant steps. Kelly fired the weapon but there was nothing there anymore. "YOU SON OF THE BITCH!" James punched her right on the nose as soon as he got near her not even preparing her for the blow. "Stay the fuck away from us." He pushed her back and Kelly was stumbling, dizzy from his punch. "STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY FAMILY!" He punched her again strongly and Kelly fell down. "YOU BITCH!" He yelled raging like he had never raged before and gave her a final punch. However, Kelly was already on the floor. "I WILL KILL YOU..." He kicked her on the stomach and Kelly was not moving at all.

"James..." Rafaela yelled crying. He looked at her with his fist in the air ready to punch Kelly once again. "Leave her... she's unconscious already... please leave her..."

"NO!" He yelled.

"PLEASE!" Rafaela yelled back and sobbed fearing for him and for the pain she was feeling. "Don't do anything stupid..." She whispered and dragged herself near him. She crouched in front of him and held his face with trembling hands. "We need you... please leave her now..." She cried.

"She killed our son and she tried to kill you..." He said. Rafaela knew he was just hurting and thirsty for revenge but that wasn't their duty, it was justice's duty.

"You need to call the police and an ambulance." She told him. Rafaela grabbed his fist that was still up in the air and pulled it down. James nodded.

He grabbed the cell off his back pocket and called the detective first. His conversation was fast for Rafaela was bleeding and then for an ambulance.

"My wife has been shot..." He explained. "In the shoulder... yes... she's bleeding a bit." That moment Rafaela grabbed his hand and he looked at her.

"Tell them I am in labor." She said. James eyes widened.

"What?" He asked almost faintly.

"My waters broke. They need to come fast." Rafaela insisted.