Chapter 68

Rafaela got up in the morning feeling all pumped up and happy. She went straight to her window to see how the weather was that day, sighing almost in relief when realized it wasn't raining, though the sky was still incredibly dark, and also, there was this strange heat, making it almost unbearable to breathe.

"Oh..." She frowned closing the window right after.

She searched for something to tie her hair up and did it while going downstairs. Ozzie came running to greet her as soon as he felt her presence. He ran after her to the kitchen happy he finally had some company. "Hi sweetie." She tapped his head and then served him some food right away, which he began to devour with his head stuck in his pot. "You were hungry!" She exclaimed, then she turned to the counter and searched for a bowl in the cabinet, serving herself of some cereals.

As soon as finished Ozzie yelped at the kitchen's door, and she opened it, holding the bowl in her hands. He ran outside and began to sniff in corners, she knew he was going to pee, the least that, he was already a trained puppy. "Come back!" She called when she was done. "We need to get going." She told him as if he could understand.

Rafaela went upstairs and choose shorts and top to wear, though with no sun, it was hot enough not to be that dressed even if she knew it was going to rain at any time again. She showered, got dressed and that time opted to go with no makeup, just her natural face, but she took really good care of her hair to make it look nice again. Downstairs, she grabbed her purse and the paper where James had written his new address. San Rafael, it was quite some drive still. "Come on boy, come on." She called Ozzie and he came running. "You're going to have some fun today." She said holding him up to put him on the backseat, before doing so, she kissed his head. She got in the car and began her way to James's place. It was almost 12 pm, she would get there on time.

As she crossed the bridge she slowed the car down to be able to enjoy the view. Ozzie barked on the backseat, making her laugh. "You like it too?" She asked him and the puppy kept barking. Finally, she got to San Rafael and then began to drive carefully until she found the way to the street she was looking for and then really slowly to check on the numbers of the house, until she found his. Rafaela stopped the car and her heart raced in anticipation. Calming herself down a bit, she opened her window and stretched her arm out to reach the bell.

"Who are you?" She heard him ask but she could tell he was smiling.

"Mr. Hetfield, I am a fan and I brought a beautiful puppy to cheer up your day."

"I don't open my door to fans." He teased.

"Just an autograph." She pretended she pleaded. She heard the gate opening. "You're so cool Mr. Hetfield." She yelled, driving inside.

James was waiting for her on his front door. Hands shoved in the pockets of his jeans, leaning against the door frame. His house was even bigger than Lars's. Rafaela got out of the car truly impressed and opened the door to Ozzie, that began to run in James direction.

"Hello there..." James giggled crouching and tapping the dog. "Came for a ride buddy?" Ozzie barked at him and wagged his tail franticly.

"You don't mind that I brought him right?" She asked when she stopped in front of him. James got up and bent over her, kissing her cheek.

"Not at all."

"This is big!" Rafaela exclaimed looking around at his front garden.

"Come inside, let me show the rest." Mindlessly he held her hand and began to show her around.

The house was big, so they spent quite some time touring around it. Their hands never separating, and they were so entertained that they probably didn't notice it. James had made a studio in his basement, there was a garage where he was about to use it for his new hobby with the cars. Then he took her to the back, there was a pool.