It's not my usual route because this street, well this alley, is rather dark. It's like a whole new area from the usual bright lights with people. This one, this one is quiet. I'd say too quiet and gloomy and the kind of street where you'd probably get mugged or something. I don't see people walking tonight but there are lights along the way and I really just want to go home and hop into the shower. So, I held on my Chinese takeout tight and puffed a breathe of air.

   Onward we go.

   I walk. I didn't think about anything. Frankly, I'd rather not think about anything because I had just recently saw a horror film and it's still stuck at the back of my head. So, I started humming to myself to distract myself from thinking scary thoughts and focused on eating the remaining noodles and brocolli. I was simply humming random sounds but my heart was pounding a bit fast.

   I would've been okay if it hadn't been for that feeling that something is behind me. So I told myself not to look back and keep walking but, of course I couldn't resist. I looked back.

   I turned my head slowly, just enough to check if something is behind me from the corner of my eyes. And my eyes had never failed me before, I saw a figure, a shadow of a person on the wall. This is the part where I start to think this is where I'll be mugged and they will have a knife with them and take my bag and takeout and I will die on that street and no one would even know. So, I started brisk walking and would try to catch a glimpse of who is behind me.

   I turned my head again and finally saw a girl. Well, not a girl, but a lady. She has long hair that stops on her chest, a mask on and she was wearing a long coat. I felt pretty relieved actually when I saw it was a girl. Okay, don't get me wrong, I don't mean anything by that I just simply meant that it is unusual for a mugger to be a female. However, I do know that sometimes, they could work as a team and there could be other people hiding in this alley just waiting to jump on me.

   That, or I'm just panicking too much and she might think I'm being weird or she might also think I could mug her. Which I will never do. So, I continued my walk only this time I'm more comfortable and calmer. I continued eating my takeout. Then, there was a slightly rough shuffling just behind me, I turned around and the lady is now walking past me so I slowed down because I wouldn't want her to think I'm going to mug her. So, I let her walk past me.

   I had a great walk that night and I got home and took and shower and slept.

   That's what I would like to say... But then I wouldn't end up writing this down here if that were the case. You see, just right after she walked past me, she turned around blocking my way. I stopped. And I thought to myself shit. She's going to call her friends now and I'm going to be surrounded. This, because I chose to walk here in this dark and gloomy alley.

   I looked at her. The light behind her made it difficult for me to see her face. She's just standing there. As if she's waiting for me to say something or do something. I don't know what to do. We are both in the middle of a dark alley, she's looking at me and I'm looking at her. I couldn't see her whole face because of the mask but I don't want to go anywhere near her too because she could have a knife somewhere. What is she doing anyway so, breaking the silence I asked "Are you okay?"

   She tilted her head to the right and bits of her straight hair went to her cheeks. It's cute, actually. "I'm okay, you?" she said. Her voice was calm and it has that sweet tone to it. Like a girlfriend asking her boyfriend how he is. I'm relieved she could talk. But still, what does she want?

   "I'm...Good." then silence again. She still had her head tilted which is now quite unsettling because she's still looking at me and we're still in the alley. "I'm going to go now." I said. As I took a few steps towards her she suddenly blurted out the words.