Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*

Start from the beginning

"Why?" Xael's voice was still weak.

He held the bundle of hair and looked at it. "This is full of old memories, old thoughts and old pain." he looked over to her, his eyes were also watery.

"You Xael, are my life now. I want a fresh and new start with you."

Xael brought their lips together in a tender and loving kiss. She didn't have any words for him other than "I love you."

"I Love you too Xael. You have no idea how much I love you."

Another kiss and Xael wanted out of the tub. This time she was able to stand on her own as Shado put on fresh bandages. All done, he stood up in front of her. She still wanted to go topless and he wasn't going to argue with that. Facing her, she ran her fingers through his hair.

"You look so different. I love it." he smiled and nuzzled the unmarked side of her neck. Her scent was still strong.

"God I love how you smell."

"Good, because I'm not able to hid it for awhile." he kissed her again.

"Can you walk?"

"Not yet, maybe tomorrow." Shado carefully picked her up and placed her in the bed. She moved to sit up but yelped from putting too much weight on her arm where the mark was. Shado helped her as she pulled the blanket up to cover herself.

Shado placed the bundle of hair on his desk, the picture of him and his previous mate he placed on top of it. His phone rang again.

"Hello?"

"Shado? Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah? Xael just had another bath, why?"

"No one can get near the buildings. Xael's scent is preventing any Wolfen from getting close, she's cleared out the buildings on both sides of you!" Shado turned and looked at Xael as she sat in bed waiting for him.

"Uhh...I... Uh Sorry?"

"Okay...look, we'll be there in a minute with the soup. Ted will knock when it's there. The humans are the only ones that can get near you!" Thankfully it was Sunday so not much was open.

"Ok." Shado went to his Mate and sat on the edge of the bed next to her. Xael gingerly moved over to him and rested against him, one hand holding the blanket up while the other caressed his arm.

"That was Skylar, he said your mated scent has cleared out both buildings on the side of us."

A soft chuckle and Xael spoke, her voice still weak. "I know, it's to keep others away from me as I heal. I guess I should have mentioned that. The scent will go away by Tuesday, I think."

"Mn. How you feeling?"

"Better, I need to sit up for a bit." Shado started to move to sit behind her when there was a knock at the door. Shado growled and went to answer it. He was extremely protective of her now that they had just mated and Xael was so vulnerable.

He opened the door just a crack, it was Ted with a bag. "Chief told me to drop this off for you before we....dude your hair!"

"Thanks Ted." Shado grabbed the bag and shut the door again. He went into the kitchen area. He left out a container of soup and Ms. Emma had included a container of food from the breakfast they had.

"You want some of your soup now babe?" Xael shook her head as she slowly moved to sit on the edge of the bed. She pulled at her undies and bandages to see how the claw marks were healing. She winced a little at seeing how bad they were and quickly covered them back up.

Xael patiently sat with the sheet covering her bare chest as her Mate heated up the food for them. Soon, Shado walked over to her with a cup filled with broth and his plate. She wrapped her delicate hands around the hot mug and inhaled the aroma. He sat his plate on the side table and grabbed the chair from his desk to sit in front of her.

The Omega quietly drank all of the broth and sat the cup to the side. For her first day after Mating, she was doing better than she thought she would. Shado was almost finished with his meal when Xael felt fluttering again in the pit of her stomach. Before she could react she began sweating as waves of heat flushed through her body. Shado looked at her, her eyes were glazed over and back to that unusual electric blue.

"Xael?" She closed her eyes as the heat intensified again. She slowly stood up and in one swift movement she had torn her undies off along with the bandages.

She moved closer to the Alpha, by now he had put his plate on the side table, shocked by her movements. Xael no longer felt pain, just the building heat.

Xael straddled the Alpha while he sat in the chair, running her nose along the unmarked side of his neck. She moved to look at him.

"I'm...I'm in heat again."

"Again!?"

She whimpered as her need for her Alpha grew. Her scent was now wrapping around both of them and Shado was responding to it quickly. He hoisted her up and had her on the bed and his boxers off. This time their Mating was different, it was gentler and there was no rush. His touches were tender as they both enjoyed each other thoroughly. There was no need to mark the other, they were already bonded. They made love until they were exhausted, the two laid entangled together on the bed.

Xael was snuggled against him as he held her close. Her scent was now calming and relaxing.

"Xael?"

"Hmn?"

"Why did you go into heat twice?" She moved so she could look into his face. Her eyes were a dazzling mix of grey and blue. Her hand gently caressing his face.

"Because I wanted you again. This time I wanted it to be just us, not our wolves."

His hand came up and held onto her neck as he brought her down for another kiss. Pulling back he stared into her eyes.

"Your eyes changed again."

"I know. This is how they'll be from now on."

Shado just looked at her, his eyes studying every inch of her. Her hair was coming undone as it framed her face. She never took her eyes off of him.

"What are you Xael?"