Things are Getting Serious*

Start from the beginning

Xael let them know they were heading home. Skylar would be by later after he checked on his cabin, he was glad he'd left his truck at the station. Emma suggested that it would probably be best for the guys to plan to stay overnight since it was their first lodge. Her and Xael would cook them breakfast in the morning. Shado gave Xael a kiss as she gave him his food for the evening and the women headed out.

The rest of the day was slow at the station. Skylar called the station in the city to arrange for at least 2-3 officers to be available on call for when Shado would need time off for his Mate.  After hearing what the other 2 officers had told everyone when they got back about their experience, Skylar had a waiting list of guys wanting to come out there and work. The Sheriff also contacted Xael's 'brothers' Chris and Eli to give them details of the lodge and directions to the place. They were both excited and wanted to know if it was possible for them to stay overnight.

Since Skylar would eventually be moving to stay with Emma and Xael permanently, he offered the young Alpha's the use of his place for the night. Skylar let Shado know to make the same offer to his guys since it would be late by the time they finished lodge. Chris and Eli also offered to get their early and help get lodge ready.

Shado contacted the guys from his old precinct. It would be his ex-boss along with 4 others. He gave them all the information along with directions. Shado suggested they carpool and told them to plan on staying overnight and that breakfast would be provided for them in the morning.

With their day over, Shado was off to purchase cleaning supplies and head home to deep clean his apartment. Skylar headed home to pack up some of his things and head to Emma's.

As Xael and her grandmother made it to the cabin, Xael fed and let her pups out. The women got to work on cutting squares for prayer ties, Emma noticed the box was almost empty so it would take them a while to cut enough for Saturday's lodge. Emma noticed her granddaughter was doing much better now that she had been away from the Deputy. Xael let her know she just needed time away from him, she would be back to normal by morning.

Skylar showed up as the ladies were on the last two colors. After unpacking what he had brought over. He entered the house with 2 dead rabbits. He had field dressed them before coming inside, as he walked into the kitchen he announced that he had dinner. Holding up two large, skinned and gutted rabbits.

Xael just looked. "Did they kill more rabbits?"

"Yup! They are sitting outside for their treats!"

"Ughhhh." Once again, they were doing what came naturally. "Grams, do you mind if I give them the chicken you had thawing out in the fridge?"

"Ohh go right ahead hun, I'd rather have fresh rabbit!"

Xale cut and split up the chicken on two plates and took it to her pups. She gave them plenty of praise and pets for killing food for her once again. As the pups enjoyed their meal, she headed back into the house.

Skylar was at the kitchen sink cleaning the rabbits. Xael washed her hands and returned to cutting prayer ties.

"Hey Sheriff, so what do I call you, now that you and Grams are together?"

"You can call me Wes."

"Noooo! I'm not calling you by your first name. You're an Elder."

He laughed at her as she rolled her eyes at him.

"I got it! How about Uncle, you are pretty much my uncle."

"That's fine Pup."

Xael went back to helping with prayer ties. Her Grams laughed at her. As Skylar cooked the rabbit, Grams fixed veggies and mashed potatoes to go with it.  Xael decided to get things for the lodge together to get it out of the way. She grabbed the water container and placed the ladle, bundles of sage, cedar and sweetgrass in there and looked for the antlers. Skylar let her know they were out by the lodge. She set the stuff by the back door, along with the towels that had been washed from the last lodge.

It was getting dark, so Xael let her pups in and cleaned paws. They had run themselves ragged and were full on chicken so they both zonked out in her bed. The three enjoyed a delicious meal and Xael washed and cleaned the kitchen afterwards.

A nice hot shower was just what she needed to relax. As she dressed for bed, her phone rang, it was Shado.

"Hey Beautiful!"

"Hey Handsome!"

The two talked for hours. Shado let her know everything was cleaned and the tub scrubbed and ready for her baths. Shado also wanted to know what their living situation would be like afterwards.

Xael hadn't really thought about it, she had to keep in mind her pups. Shado let her know that he had thought of just staying with her at her grandmothers.   Xael let him know that she was open to both ideas and that they should talk to her Gram's about staying with her.  Now that she and the Sheriff were together, she knew the two would want some alone time as would they. For now she told him she was fine with staying at his apartment since her Grandma was no longer alone. Shado suggested they talk to her tomorrow, his apartment was fine but after staying out in the woods, he had come to really enjoy it.

Xael had to agree with him, she would prefer to stay at her Grams then live in town. But they could discuss it later. As for mating, Xael felt he had a good understanding of things. There was only so much to tell him, the rest he would just have to experience and they could talk more about it when they were together.