New Day ~ New Start*

Start bij het begin

Shado just realized he hadn't seen her eyes either, he turned to her "Let me see your eyes babe."  Xael slowly raised her head and gazed into her Mate's eyes.

"Whoa..."

"Pupkins let me look." Skylar was getting a little worried.

She peeked over at him from under the hoody. He didn't know what to make of it either. He looked at Ms. Emma and shrugged his shoulders in confusion.

"How do feel Pupkins?"

"Fine." Which Xael had said through a huge yawn.

Everyone laughed as the plates of food were placed in front of them. Even though Xael said she wasn't hungry, that didn't stop her from taking a strip of bacon off of Shado's plate.

"I thought you weren't hungry babe?"

"I'm not, I just wanted some of your food."

Shado shook his head. His Mate was a handful and then some, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

Xael jolted up and frantically looked around, frowns all over her face.

"What?" Everyone was in unison with the question when Xael groaned loudly and sighed in what could only be disgust.

"What is it Pupkins?" Skylar had stopped eating.

"I smell a skunk..."  Xael got up and went to the front door and out on the front porch were 'Fric-n- Frac',  sitting with the guiltiest looks ever.  During their morning run they had cornered a skunk and lost terribly. She couldn't help but laugh as she led them around the house, to the back deck. Making the two sit, she headed into the house.

"What happened, hun?"

"Oh, those two hooligans got skunked!" Everyone laughed, which helped lighten the morning.

"Poor babies."

"Grams do you still have that scent stuff?"  Xael made grabby hands at her grams.

"In the back room."

Xael found what she needed and went back out to treat the pups. They were not happy and groaned the entire time as she bathed them in the cold outdoor shower. Moose even tried to run off but didn't get very far. Luckily the towels the guys used for lodge were inside the back door so she grabbed a handful and dried them off.  She let them run some more to air dry as they would be inside until they got back from town.

With that all done, she went in to pick out something to wear and to shower. In the time it took her to bathe and dry the pups, everyone else had gotten ready and was sitting in the living room chatting again. After a quick shower, she decided to wear her hair down, something she rarely did. She dressed in cargo capris and a long dressy t-shirt with a cardigan over that. The t-shirt was pretty form fitting with a v-neck which showed her scars, but she didn't care.  She wore the cardigan to keep herself covered up. The shiny dog tags she wore rested in her ample cleavage, which was something else she rarely showed. She walked out into the living room with her hairbrush. She felt Shado staring at her again as she hadn't put the cardigan on yet.

"Your staring again Adam."

"We all are Xael...you're built like a brick house babe."

"Good grief!" She looked up and rolled her eyes at everyone, causing them to laugh at her. Xael turned to Shado who was still staring at her. Again she rolled her eyes. "Will you brush out my hair real quick?"

"Sure babe!"

He was gentle as he brushed her long hair. This was his first time seeing it down as it was usually braided. It was almost to her waist and thick; it wasn't bone straight as it had some texture to it.