Change of heart

Paul: I don't care about what you say Dermot. She is not like us. She is different.
Dermot: We deal with supernatural creatures everyday and we come across weird things
Paul: Yeah, like someone who can control time and run faster than anything we have ever faced.
Dermot: What do you have against her anyway? I'm trying my best to let her in but I can't do that with you being on the negative end.
Paul: That was bombastic. But if it makes you happy, I'll try my best to let her in. Just don't expect much from me when you need help. I'm pretty sure your girlfriend can do much better
That was not the way Paul wanted it to play out, but he had to cut the girl some slack, after all, she had saved him and Dermot from being dismantled. The wizard on the other hand was thinking about the girl in white. She looked nice and with the incredible power she had, they could work as a team. What was he talking about, he was in love with her. When he first laid eyes on her on the front porch, her face and gown smudged with blood from the creatures she had killed, she looked perfect. Of course he was surprised to see her so calm in a situation like that but when she said that she had powers he was more attracted to her. A lady that was beautiful and could also handle herself well, he liked that. When Paul decided to be on the negative end, he tried to do the same, as Paul was not only his friend but also his partner in the hero job. He could not just throw away a lifetime of friendship for just one perfect girl that could change his world. Why was he thinking this way? Was he really in love with her or just having one of those lust drives that he usually had whenever he was feeling lonely. It had been a while since he had dated anyone. Paul was a ladies man so he wasn't going to understand. The thoughts going through his head were much. He could make up for the way he had treated her by apologizing and trying to be on her good side. Or. He could just be a jerk and say good riddance to her and never see her again. Jeez, that was hard. Plan A it is.
Dermot: I'll be right back Paul, I just wanna go out for some air
Paul: Really. Is that the best excuse that you could come up with? You do know I can read minds right?
Dermot: Goddammit Paul. I told you to stop doing that
Paul: I can't help it man. Tell me what does she have that I don't have. Hahaha
Dermot: Haha, very funny. I'm outta here
Paul: Don't break apart on your first date
Dermot: It's not a date. Just wanna know if she's ok
Paul: Alright. What ever you say bro. Hope you don't intend on going in that?
Dermot: Yeah. Isn't it great?
Paul: For a homeless man going on a date with his homeless cat sure. Can't you spell yourself a better outfit?
Dermot: It's late Paul, she would barely see what I'd be putting on.
Paul: Suit yourself. I'm going to bed.
Dermot: Don't wait up
Paul: Don't intend to
Paul, always arrogant. Dermot looked at the night sky as his body started to get darker with black smoke taking up more room space until he was no more.

She had waited for everyone to go to bed before going to the rooftop. Luke had given her a few inspirational words but she wasn't one to listen to them. She liked doing her own stuff. She didn't like being held back by rules and regulations. Pretty sure that was where she got her name from. Swan. Very elegant, but hard to tame. Sitting at the edge of the rooftop, the night sky was looking beautiful, showing off the stars and the full power of the moon. Her black hair flowing in the night wind reflected the moon rays. Her holiday was over. It was time to go home. England wasn't for her. It was like the entire world wanted her to go back to Australia. Even the heroes she came to see had rejected her. Holding her head up high, she pushed the thoughts away from her mind. There was nothing for her here. It was time to go home. What was that? A shadow was hovering in front of her having the shape of a man. She knew that shape. It was the Wizard. Putting her hand forward meaning to touch the shadow a hand met hers halfway. The touch was warm. She felt like she was home again. The shadows had all gone and there he was, looking so brilliant under the light of the moon. Was he smiling? What did he want from her? A few hours ago, he had rejected her with his friend and now he was here. Why was she so calm? She wanted so badly to push him away but she couldn't. He didn't seem like he was here to harm her.
Dermot: I can feel you trying to push me away, but it's not going to work.
Susan: Why not?
Dermot: I have this aura around me... It makes humans and animals feel safe with me. It's one of the perks of being a wizard. It's how I win most of my fights. I get close to you and you let your guard down.
Susan: Wow. Seems handy in a fight
Dermot: I can tell that your statement was sarcastic
Susan: You think?
Dermot: Sure. I can't read minds like the demon but I can read body language. Wait, was the second one sarcastic too?
She sighed, she wasn't about to have her night ruined. She had to get away somehow.
Susan: What do you want Wizard? To make sure that I've packed? Well, we could go down to my room and you'll see my stuff on the bed. I'm leaving England and never coming back. Hope you're happy now!
Dermot: About that, I don't want you to go
Susan: Huh?
Crona: What is this dude talking about? Sue, ask this creature whether he wants you gone or not. Let him get his facts straight
Dermot: OK, first off, you are amazing. The way you handled yourself on the field I have never ever seen anything like that. Secondly, you are beautiful and I don't want you to go back home...
Susan: What the hell are you talking about?
Dermot: I'm just going to be blunt. When I saw you on the porch today I... I felt drawn to you.
She didn't like where this was going but she just couldn't stop looking at him. She wanted him to finish his words. She wanted to hear them all.
Dermot: The only reason I asked you to leave was because I wanted you to be safe. If anything happened to you I don't know how I'm gonna live with myself. I know we just met, but... I feel like it's my obligation to tell you of this feeling that I have growing inside of me. I had to let you know. I've never felt this way before. Actually I've never been in love with anyone before. I've had a few flings but nothing serious.
Susan: Um... Wizard?
Dermot: Please call me Dermot
Susan: OK. Dermot, I don't think this is gonna work out
Her hand began to move out of his slowly. The look on his face made her feel pity for the wizard. He wasn't ready for this, but neither was she.
Dermot: Why not?
Standing up from the rooftop, she began to walk towards him
Dermot: Stop! You'll fall!
Susan: You have no idea of the power I possess
With those words she put her feet on the edge of the rooftop and walked to him without any aid. It looked like she was flying but she wasn't. She was walking on air!
Dermot: Woah! I've never seen anyone do anything like this before
Susan: Yeah. I know. Now I know what you're about to say. Love at first sight, I'll never hurt you, blah blah blah, but the issue is I'm not here looking for love. Actually I've never been in love. I've seen so many people say how glorious the feeling is but I don't need that glorious feeling now. Firstly it'll get in my way and blind me from my obligations to my people both as a princess and as a hero
Dermot: You're a princess?
Susan: See? There you have it, I know nothing about you and you know nothing about me.
Dermot: We could cross that bridge...
Susan: I don't want to cross the bridge!
He was taken aback. She turned away from him, looking at the skyline.
Dermot: I came out too strong didn't I?
Susan: Yeah, you did
The wind was getting harsh, she folded her arms meaning to warm herself as she felt his hands touch hers from behind
Dermot: You need to go inside
Susan: Dermot...
Dermot: Don't you worry about it. It was a mistake to come here. Anyway I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. You are not different from us. You are just better. Forget what I said, you are a hero and as heroes we don't have boundaries. We save who we can and help the helpless. Goodnight miss Susan.
He knew her name? That was new. She wasn't expecting that.
Susan: Dermot, let me...
Turning to face him she saw only a shadow. He was gone. She was alone. She walked onto the rooftop and looked at the skyline once more before making her way down to her room.

On the roof of a church building lay Dermot. He looked sad. Well, that's because he actually was. What was going on? He didn't know. Wait! He wasn't alone. There was someone with him.
Dermot: Who's there? Show yourself!
There was no reply, but the presence was still there. He could feel it. It was dark. For the first time since he left the orphanage he felt scared. It was like he was in his little room with the other boys and they were all waiting for Mrs Quill to come in and start hitting them. He had to shake it off. Turning around he saw a shadow. It was like his but it looked more heavy. A woman stepped out wearing a black gown.
Woman: Don't we all just love to pray? You can tell me your sins. I'll forgive you right away.
Dermot: Who are you?
Woman: Oh me! I'm your owner and you are to work for me. I didn't have that power mixed in a bowl for you to come and ruin my plans but since we can't change the past, I guess we could really do a lot of that to the future. My name is Chikanne but I prefer if you call me the Harridan. It has a nice ring to it.
Dermot: Whatever you plan to do here is not going to work. I expect you to be gone by daylight
She looked at him for a while and then burst into laughter. It was a horrible sound.
The Harridan: Okay first off, good line. Secondly I'm your superior. The only one that can defeat me still lays in the ground. I trained him myself. I don't know if he can survive a thousand years underground but if he can, then I know that I will need to up my game. But you, you are a very funny human. I love your confidence, but in this case I don't think you can stand a chance against me.
He was getting frustrated just staying here listening to this woman ramble on and on. Who did she think she was? He raised his hands and hit her with a force strong enough to shatter a building. He didn't want to hit her but he was having a rough night and she wasn't really helping. What had him was that she wasn't even fazed by the attack. She just stood there staring at him with a smirk on her face.
The Harridan: Well, now I'm not impressed. You just made mummy very mad
He started getting ready to hit her again when he felt his limbs stop working
The Harridan: Kneel
His knees felt weak and it gave way making him crash down
The Harridan: Now let's see who has more power.
Her hands began to glow with a tinge of green before she sighed and turned to face a man who stood on the roof
The Harridan: You're back
Angus: Yes
The Harridan: Did you get the job done?
Angus: I was cursed in Europe. I can't cross the boundaries or my powers would be gone.
The Harridan: Then what use are you to me? I'll break the whole barrier then. These humans think themselves wise and gods. But they're fools. They know nothing. I've changed my mind. I don't need to kill the ones who brought me back. I just need to rule over the world as it's true leader and bring back mythical creatures.
Angus: What about our bargain? You said you would release me
The Harridan: Yes I did. But releasing you would mean I would have to kill you. Although you have failed me a couple more times than I would have liked I still want you to be with me. I want you to be my henchman. Now back to you. What do I do to a wizard with so much power but who is still yet to understand the full potential of what he has.
Dermot: Go to hell!
The Harridan: No. That is Paul's home. Talking of Paul, when I'm through with you I'll pay him a visit. Again.
He felt her bond getting weaker over him as his powers begin to swell up inside him. Standing up, he screamed a spell which released a lot of energy breaking apart the building they were all standing on
The Harridan: Sleep!
He started to get woozy and suddenly crashed on the roof in a heap
The Harridan: Look at the mess he's done. This building would soon collapse in on itself. Pick him up, let's go back home.
Angus grudgingly lifts Dermot and walks into the portal which had been created by the witch. She looked around, gave a little smirk and got into the portal. As it closed the building rumbled and collapsed bringing up dust and smoke to the houses around.