Chapter 8

I'm battling for days to whether I give the cat on the animal shelter or adopt it, but I end up adopting it. I like this cat it's so affectionate, when I came home after my work it runs towards me and rubs its fur on my feet. At first, I feel hesitant because I'll leave it for day to work, I make sure to left food for it to eat, I don't want the cat to feel hungry. I struggle with picking names for him, yes it's a male cat. I pick the cat " Is it okay to you if I call you Hunter" "Meow" it's adorable. " I think you like it right" " Meow" " So from now on I'll call you Hunter, it's a strong name for you sounds badass, but the opposite". I put Hunter on the floor and proceed to the kitchen I get canned food for cats and pour it on his bowl. I  let Hunter eat while I cook food for myself. I'm happy now that I'm not alone in my apartment.

After a few days of having the same nightmare, it feels difficult for me to sleep again, sometimes I can't pay attention to work because of lack of sleep.

" Hey, Hope are you okay?" Marcus ask me looking worried

" Yeah I'm fine, just a little tired" I look at the mirror and saw a massive bags under my eyes, it makes me look creepy.

" Are you sure, you look like you lack some sleep, are you sick again?" It's worst than being sick, every night that dream hunted me, I shiver when I remember it

" Don't worry I'm fine, really"

" Okay, just tell me if you need something" he looks at me suspiciously, I can't blame him I look like hell now

He wait for me again after our shift, I notice I never came home alone. Sometimes I walk with Marcus, sometimes Devon giving me a ride.

I'm thinking that they are talking because it never happens that they both wait for me, strange. They don't like each other, when they are crossing paths they are ignoring each other.

If I talk to any of them and pays attention to the other one, one will become angry and gets jealous. I felt like I'm in the middle of the war, they are like a child seeking attention.

I think this drama gets complicated each day, I remember Marcus give me a rose and after I get home I get a delivery of a bunch of roses from Devon, I can't find a spot where can I place them, for few days my apartment smells rose.

They are giving me a headache, I don't want that time will come they ask me to choose because right now I'm not sure about what I feel towards them.

I make sure to give them time, I mean equal time that I spend to them not wanting to give the wrong signal that I'm preferring one than the other. It's difficult for me to handle things like this because I never been in this situation. I'm hoping that we all stay friends for as long as it takes.

" Hello there Hunter, are you hungry, I wish they are like you I mean easier to handle and not giving me a headache" I caress the head of Hunter, he likes it when I'm petting him.

It's almost midnight but I can't close my eyes fearing that nightmare might wake me up. If I only know what it means, I sigh and decide to stand up and to the kitchen to drink milk to help me relax and sleep even I don't want to sleep.

I pour the milk on the glass, I'm bringing the glass on my lips when sudden pain on my back attack again and become unbearable, the glass of milk slip on my hands and shutter on floor. Breathing becomes difficult and I feel like my whole body is burning, I lay on the floor and brace my self, my tears keep coming because of the pain, it's killing me. It keeps coming and coming, I try to move but the pain worsens. I want to shout help but I don't have the energy to do it, why is this happening to me. I'm praying that the pain to stop but it never, I look at my surroundings and saw  Hunter walking towards me. I heard a strange noise like breaking bones and when the pain is unbearable I start to become unconscious, I hear a voice before I become fully unconscious "These things bound to happen, don't worry you'll survive this, I'm here". And then darkness comes.

I wake up from someone calling my name " Hope" I stir a little trying to open my eyes " Hope" I open my eyes and find the owner of the voice but I find no one. I sit up, I feel like my back is so heavy " Your awake now" I look at Hunter and blink three-time " Are you... are you" I gulp not able to finish what I'm saying " Yes I'm the one calling you" " But..... but you're a cat how can you speak?" Maybe I'm hallucinating this is not true this is not happening. I pinch my cheeks thinking this is only a dream but it hurts meaning this is reality.

I stand up and take a step back, I almost fell because I become unbalance, my back is heavy like something is laying on it adding additional weight. I look at the full mirror in my living room and i freeze, panic hit me. I blink a few times, I'm hallucinating, my eyes are betraying me. This is so not true...

" Hope calm down, take a deep breath," Hunter told me, I look at him in disbelief.

" Your a talking cat and I have freaking wings, care to explain on how I freaking calm down" I touch my back grabbing the wings, it's true, it's true. I began pacing back and forth tugging my hair and picking on my nails.

Hunter chuckles and shook his head he looks at me in the eye " I will tell you, you are special Hope, these things bound to happen you can't stop it"

" Why me?" I ask while tears fall from my eyes, I'm feeling mixed emotions now.

I can feel that what Hunter will say will change my life forever and I feel scared, I don't know if I can handle this situation.

" HOPE, YOU ARE THE LAST ANGEL AND YOU ARE NOT AN ORDINARY ANGEL YOUR A HALF ANGEL AND HALF DEMON" his words is echoing in my head