Chapter 37 - Silk Sheets

Tom's POV:

Max was right. I need to talk with Delilah. I left her on her knees crying. I feel terrible. I don't want to lose her, I can't lose her.

Everything started going through my head at once. All the smiling, kissing, laughing.. All the memories we shared.

And the necklace.

Forever. ....

Delilah's POV:

I woke up in Siva's room. The silk sheets and my clothes on the dresser gave it away.

My head was throbbing and my face sticky from all the tears. It only helped remind me of what happened.

I missed being with Tom. Being able to call him mine. The simple things he'd say and do to make me smile; Him playing with my hair; Singing to me.. But most of all, make me feel safe.

I sat up slowly and looked in the long mirror on the wall.

My face was a mess. Mascara made little rivers down my cheeks.

I was tired. Not a sleepy tired, but a sad, numb tired. I walked quietly to Tom's room. I just wanted to take my contacts out.

I opened the door as quietly and quickly as possible. Tom was laying on the bed.

"Tom?" I whispered.

No answer. He must be sleeping.

I walked quickly to the bathroom to take out my contacts and wipe off my make up.

I looked in the mirror. Not at myself, but at my scars. I shivered thinking about them and looked away.

I left Tom to sleep and walked downstairs to make tea.

The lights were on in the living room when I walked into the kitchen. I tried to ignore it but failed and stood around the corner holding my tea eavesdropping.

"When are you going to leave?" Max asked. I knew his voice.

"Friday. That gives us about two days." Siva said.

Us? Was he going somewhere with Nareesha?

"How long will you be gone?" someone who I think was Nathan asked.

"No more than a week." Siva replied.

"Good, that gives us time to prepare for South America." Max said.

"Where are you going to go?" Jay asked.

"I think either Rome or Salento." Siva said.

"Salento?" Nathan asked.

"Peninsula in Italy. They have beautiful beaches, I've seen pictures." Siva explained.

If Siva really was going with Nareesha, I'm extremely jealous. I've always wanted to go to Italy. It's like my dream.

I decided to show myself and walked into the living room.

"Hey." I said giving them a quick smile.

"You alright?" Max asked.

I nodded and sat on the arm of the couch next to Siva.

"You feel okay?" Siva asked patting my knee.

"Just a headache." I said.

Awkward silence.....

"Well I'm going to order a pizza, I'm starved. Should I make it for all of us?" I asked standing up.