Chapter 44 - Second Chance

Start from the beginning

"You still haven't told me what that means?" I watch him as his lips touch my skin before he looks up and our eyes meet in the mirror's image.

"Pequeña zorra luchadora." He repeats in Spanish with a slight grin.

"Ah..." I slowly nod my head at the realization of all the times he had called me this.

I turned around in his arms to face him as he loosened his grip for me to do so.

"I love you," I said softly, looking up at him.

"I love you, more." He replied as he kissed the side of my lips cheekily.

"No more running...?" He stated which was laced with hints of a questioning tone, his fears seeping through.

"No more running." I smiled at him, giving him a firm and immediate answer.

I was about to kiss him but when my fingers reached for his hair I noticed the strands were still damp. I pulled back and looked at him properly. He was dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a simple T-shirt. My eyes scanned the bathroom quickly, landing on the articles of clothing inside the hamper where his extremely blood-stained shirt lay.

He noticed my pensive moment, following my eyes to his clothes. I closed mine and took a deep breath. I could feel his fingers caressing my face, making me reopen them.

"Is he..." I trailed off as I held my gaze on his chest.

"Yes." He replied shortly, without hesitation.

I sighed, letting out my breath in a form of relief. I looked up at him as he gave me a caring smile. My attention was brought back to his wet hair.

"Did you shower?" I asked him a little confused.

"Yeah, in one of the other bathrooms."

"Huh... I'm surprised the insatiable Niccolo De Luca didn't join me." I quirked my brow and grinned amusingly, causing him to chuckle.

"Oh, trust me, it took A LOT of self-convincing." He shot me a wink as his hands traveled down to my lower back and pulled me closer into him.

"But you need to eat, baby, and I wasn't about to wear you out further." He spoke semi what innocently, concerned about my eating habits at the moment.

"Oh, how cute. He thinks he wears me out." I slapped his chest as I giggled flirtatiously.

"Is that a challenge, babe?" His hands traveled further down to cup my ass.

"Maybe it is." I shrug my shoulders at him, pulling on his shirt.

He shoots me a devilish smirk before leaning in and nipping at the skin on my neck causing me to titter slightly.

"As I said, you need to eat. Since you've been back I haven't seen you eat anything. It's worrying me." 

"Well... I didn't eat food but you definitely did see me eating-"

"Ok, smartass!" He cut me off, smacking my ass as his laugh pleasantly filled my ears.

He turns me around and leads me out of the bathroom in front of him with his hands on my midsection. I walk a little quicker and head towards the walk-in closet to throw on a pair of shorts. I start rummaging through my clothes for a shirt, getting frustrated as I go from not finding the one I wanted. We still needed to go gather my things from the hotel and the selection here was poor. As I go to look once more, I notice Nico's button-down shirt from the night before. I pick it up, bringing it before my nose to inhale that sensual Paco Rabanne scent. I swing it around and place it on, buttoning it up as I walk out of the closet.