Chapter 42 - You Deserve It All

"I need to hear you say that I love you, 

I have loved you all along and I forgive you, for being away for far too long. 

So keep breathing, 'cause I'm not leaving you anymore,

Believe it, hold onto me and never let me go."

Niccolo's POV

Niccolo's POV

She was crouched down, Major unable to sit still in front of her as she showered him with love. There's that smile I had missed all this time. Major managed to catch her off guard and licked her cheek, causing her to giggle. There's that laugh that was the soothing melody my heart and soul yearned for.

I took a step outside onto the front porch. I slowly descended the stairs, watching her interaction with Major. Major... He fucking sensed her long before my knowledge. As my feet met the pebbled stones of the driveway, her head snapped up. Her eyes widened slightly before sinking back into a guilt-ridden expression as she placed Major's paws on the ground and straightened herself.

She began biting down on her bottom lip, bringing my attention to them. The delicate, plump and soft lips that I just wanted to feel against mine again. I just wanted to feel her again, feel her soul and heart joining mine once more.

Major wasn't leaving her alone though, which is odd. He usually gets over the greetings and begins busying himself with other things. He jumped up at her, landing his paws on the side of her body as she moved slightly. She turned away from him and caught his paws before laughing.

"What's it, boy?" She spoke to him.

The more she placed him back down, the more he would jump back up. Eventually, she crouched down again, grabbing his face in her hands.

"Major, you need to calm down, handsome." She spoke softly to him, but he was ignoring her.

His only concern was trying to lift her arm so he could gain access to her torso. What the fuck is my dog doing? A few seconds pass when it seemed like something snapped in her mind. Sierra's eyes widened as she stood abruptly, but Major was not giving up. He continued to jump at her until I finally spoke, my eyes not leaving hers, even after she looked away from me.

"Major, where's the cat?" I said simply.

Major froze and stood at attention, his head still as he listened, before bolting into the front lawn. I watched as Sierra tried biting down on her lip to stifle back a laugh.

"What was he doing?" My brows knitted together as I spoke.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She opened them, trying to meet my gaze again but something frightened her and she turned her back to me. I watched as her shoulders rose and fell at a steady pace, trying to control her breathing.