Chapter 32 - Hurts Like Hell

"How can I put it down into words,

When it's almost too much for my soul, alone?

I loved, and I loved, and I lost you,

And it hurts like hell."

Sierra's POV

Sierra's POV

"Nico, it's not what it lo-" I tried telling him, my hands in the air, with the one still gripping onto the gun.

"Fucking step away from her, now!" He roared at me making me shut my mouth and place the gun back on the ground before stepping away.

"Niccolo put your gun away!" Aria shouted at him, moving in between me and him. This made Nico immediately drop the gun and away from his mother.

"Mamma, you do not step in the line of a cocked gun. Are you fucking mad!?" His voice was still raised but not at the menacing degree I had received.

"The only mad one I see here is you! Your father has been taken and I do not have time for your bullshit when you won't listen to anybody."

"What do you mean Dad's been taken?" Nico furrowed his brows before placing his gun in the back of his jeans.

"Exactly what I just said. José García has taken him, I need to get in touch with Ruby, now." She was shaking and I could hear the fear in her voice.

Nico didn't hesitate as he handed her his phone. She grabbed it and began walking away. However, she stopped briefly and turned back to him.

"Don't do or say something stupid, Niccolo. We will deal with this later." She motioned between my and Nico's bodies with her finger before walking away.

I sighed and bowed my head. I wanted to talk to him but I knew he wouldn't listen to me. He wouldn't even look at me, now. And how do I say it all without breaking?

"How could you?" His voice sounded, breaking me from my thoughts.

"How could you do this to my family? I trusted you, I opened up to you completely. I let you in and broke down every fucking wall for you!" His voice began rising.

"For it all to be a lie." He sounded so defeated.

"No! It was not all a lie!" I scolded his words, my voice matching his as I slashed my arm in the air.

"You entered our lives with the outcome of killing my father, not so?" He cut me off from speaking further.

"Yes, but not with yo-"

"That's all I needed to hear." He shook his head as he stared at the ground.

"No! Stop it! Stop cutting me off! I never planned you and me! I never planned to stay this long! What you and I had was never a lie, Nico, please you have to believe me." I could hear and feel my voice breaking as I struggled to get out the words.