Chapter 27 - Aftermath

Sierra's POV

I watched as Javier shot Aria while Rafael shot him, their shots mere seconds apart. I completely froze. I didn't know whether to help Aria or run after Javier as I watched him trying to escape.

Just then, Dominic caught my attention as he screamed my name while running in our direction. All he said to me was one word... One name... And I knew exactly where I belonged. Where I was needed.

"Nico!" He pointed behind him. I nodded before running towards Nico.

His face was pale and he looked like his world was shattering around him. His eyes were fixated on his mother's body and he didn't notice me in front of him. He nearly knocked me over trying to run to her but I held my hands up to his chest. It stopped him but he still didn't look at me.

"No... Mamma, no..." he was mumbling.

"Baby, look at me." I cupped his cheeks and forced his head to face mine. He didn't want to meet my gaze so I pulled his head closer, eventually, forcing him to look at me.

"Baby, your father is there. Right now, the best thing you can do is get help and look after your sister." I spoke firmly to him.

"Elena..." he whispered as if processing everything.

I nodded to him slowly and within seconds it was like a switch had flipped. He pecked my lips quickly that I struggled to process it and by the time I did he had left. He turned on his heel, walking towards his sister.

"Aunt Ruby, please get Aunt Olivia now! Uncle Marcel, please take Tino and check out who the fuck those men are and find the third one. I want him today!" He growled the instructions to everyone as they all nodded and immediately began following them.

He impressed me now. He took his position like he was a natural. He was literally born for it but the way he fit right into it was quite something to watch. He caught Elena as she tried running past him the second Ruby let go of her.

"Niccolo, let me go! It's Mamma... is she..." She first became angry and aggressive with Nico. She tried shoving him but he held her tighter. Then she started going through the moments of realization that her mother might be dead.

"No! Do not think like that! Right now I need you to hold down everything in the house. Be Mamma. Dad is taking care of her, Aunt Olivia will be treating her and I'll be down here. Please, Sorella (sister), you need to be strong. Papà needs us to be strong." He cupped her face and forced her to look at him. She slowly nodded while sobbing as he pulled her into his embrace.

Cami ran down and held onto her, guiding her into the house while Olivia and Ruby came down the stairs.

"Oh, God, no..." Olivia was getting emotional as she watched her best friend laying in Dominic's arms but she quickly shook her head and made her way towards them. She stopped in front of me.

"Sierra, how are you with blood?"

"Uh... Alright, I think."

"Good, we might need a hand, please." With that, she began running towards Dominic.

I hesitated. I kept looking at Nico who was starting to get lost in his mother's scene again. His eyes met mine and he walked to me.

"I'm fine. Go. Please, go be there. I promise I'm fine now." He kissed me quickly as I nodded then left him while he began making phone calls. I ran the rest of the way to the others. When I got there, Dominic refused to let go of Aria.

"Dominic, I need you to let me do my job, please." Olivia pleaded with him.

"Olivia, unless you can promise me she is not going to die then no one touches her and I will take her to the hospital myself."