Chapter 22

Rose's POV

"Rose?" I heard. It was Dominic. "Open your eyes, baby. Neal, go get the doctor. That's right, baby. Open your eyes."

I fully opened my eyes. The light was so bright. I looked around and Jamison was still in my arms sleeping.

"Dominic?" I said.

"I'm here, baby," he said.

"Jamison is sleeping, and he's hurting my arm."

"Oh shit. Baby, I'm sorry." He picked Jamison up. "I was just so happy you opened your eyes."

He laid Jamison down on the couch and came back over to me. He kissed my forehead. "I'm so glad you came back to me."

"Well look who's back?" a man said. "I'm Dr. Roberts. Do you remember anything?"

"Not much. I just remember leaving the bar and that's it."

"Ms. Gardens, you were in a accident. You've been in a coma for six months. You had swelling as well as bleeding to your brain. You are completely healed, but you will have to go through intense physical therapy. Nurse Sandy will come get some vitals and make sure you're good. You are free to eat if you would like."

"Thank you, Dr. Roberts," I said to him. After he left, I turned to Dominic. "I gotta tell you something."

"If it's about you and Neal or you and Ghost, I already know. I was pissed off at first, but then realized I was probably at fault. And it was best knowing that it was them and not some random ass nigga."

"I was angry with you finding you and Stacy in your office. I still shouldn't have slept with your friend."

I was guilty about what I did, but it felt so good. Neal made love to my mind, body, and soul. Dominic did the same, but with Neal it was definitely mind blowing.

"It's all good, baby," he said. "I promise you, I'm not mad one bit. I just want you to know that, you are my world. I know I did you wrong, but if you let me, I can make this up to you."

Lord knows I love this man. So much was going on. Could he truly be who I want him to be? Was he really ready for a commitment like this?

Jocelyn's POV

SIX MONTHS BEFORE

"Did you do it?" I asked.

I knew that Rose had taken my kids to Barbados. What the hell was she thinking? Who are you to take my damn kids anywhere!

"Yeah, Jocelyn, it's done," Stacy said. "You get the kids back, and I get Dominic, right?"

"Hell yeah. You can have him. I got me a man that makes more money than Gunz anyways." Now that was a lie. He wasn't touching Gunz anywhere. Gunz was damn near neck and neck with Bill Gates. "Did she see you at the bar?"

"Nawl, she didn't. I dropped those ten crushed up oxycodone pills in her drinks alone with the coke."

"Cool deal. I want that bitch as far out of the picture as she'll get. She getting too much credit raising my kids."

"Why would you give them to her then? You should've just kept them."

"Shut up, trick. Don't fucking question me! You work for me bitch!"

"Girl fuck you! I don't work for you. I'm just doing what you're scared of doing."

"Baby, come here!" I heard Derek yell out. He sounded so angry.

"Stacy, I gotta go." I hung up and went into my room. Derek's back was to the door. He was looking at something on our bed. "Hey baby," I said.

He turned and looked at me. He was definitely angry. "What the fuck is this?"

I walked around him to see what he was talking about. He had the files I kept on Rose. He had pictures of her wreck and everything. One thing about it; I kept tabs on my work, but I never got my hands dirty. I had other people to do that for me.

"How do you know Rose?" he asked me.

"How do you know her?" I asked him back.

"I swear to God if you don't answer my fucking question! How do you know Rose?"

"She kidnapped my kids! She took my babies. I've been looking all over for her! I found out that she was in Barbados. That's what my private investigator found on her."

"So if she kidnapped your kids then why isn't she in jail? You did report them missing, right? Where's the police report?"

"Why does that matter? Are you gonna help me go get my children back?"

"Nawl, let's send the police out there first. Let them bring the kids back."

This nigga was on one. There was no way I was getting the police involved. I got signed and notarized legal documents given Rose custody of my kids. I can't get them involved or I'll be arrested for faking a police report.

"If you're not gonna go, then I'll go by my damn self. I don't need your help."

"I don't know what you're up to, but I'm gone find out," he said and then left.

Derek was smart, but that's okay. A li'l nookie for him and he'll forget all about this.

PRESENT DAY

Here I am in Barbados. Derek was on to me so I packed up my apartment and went back to Atlanta. I changed my number also. He wouldn't be able to find me.

I met with Stacy once I got in Barbados. She was staying in an abandoned home close to where Rose lives. I was thinking this bitch was dead, but she was just in a coma. That's alright because I'm here to finish the deed.