Chapter 10

Jocelyn's POV

Yeah, I left the kids behind. And although I hate the ground she fucking walks on, I knew Rose would take care of my children. So, I had Neal go with me to family court, and I terminated my rights. I signed my rights over to Rose.

I moved to the Virgin Islands. I just had to start over. I know it's strange but it was something I needed to do for myself. I've been out here a little over five months, and I've finally meet someone.

 I've been out here a little over five months, and I've finally meet someone

He was a native here. I was sitting out at the beach bar when he walked up to me.

"Wow, you're so beautiful." he said to me. "I'm Derek. You are?"

"My name is Jocelyn," I answered. "Nice to meet you."

"May I join you, Ms. Jocelyn?" Derek asked me.

"Sure," I answered.

He took a seat and we got more acquainted with each other. I found out that he was doctor with his own clinic. He was rolling in that money. Not as much as Luck, but he definitely had it going on.

"Thank you for a pleasant afternoon, Mr. Derek, but I have to go."

"The pleasures all mine, honey. Can I see you again?"

"Sure," I answered. We exchanged numbers and I went back to my condo.

I was ready for a change. I hate to do it without my children, but I wanted nothing to do with them. I gave them to who I knew who cares for them.

Seven's POV

I've been staying with Rose out here in Miami. I was going back to Atlanta, but I had to make sure her and my kids were okay. I walked in to the kitchen where Rose was cooking breakfast.

"Good morning," I spoke walking up behind her. I wrapped my arms around her and inhaled her scent.

"Good morning, Dominic," she said back. "Have a seat. Breakfast almost ready."

I sat at the table. I was going through my phone. "Have you woke the kids up yet?" I asked her.

"No, I haven't," she answered.

"Before you wake them, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course. What's going on?"

"Baby, are you sure you wanna do this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you really wanna take on my kids?" I asked her.

"I would do anything for you, Nic. And if that means taking care of your children, then I'll do just that. I know it's not ideal, but since the moment I bumped into you on campus, I've dreamed of nothing but having your children. I've loved you since I was twelve years old; the shit won't go away.

"I wish I could give birth to your kids, but I can't have children of my own. I'll give my all for you and those beautiful babies. I don't care about who their mother is. My only concern is that they're your children. I love you, Dominic."

I walked over to her, and I just kissed her. This girl was being amazing. What would I do without her? How did I make it this long without her? There was no way I could walk away now.

"Mommy," I heard. I turned around and saw Zaydha walking up to Rose.

"Come on, sweets," she said. "Let's take you to freshen up before breakfast."

I stayed in the kitchen and finished breakfast. She didn't have much to do. Pancakes, bacon, sausage, and eggs.

"Boss man, you cooking?" Neal started laughing.

"Fuck you, Neal. What's up?"

"So what's the game plan?" Neal asked.

"We need to get Hakeem and Devin down here. I'm gonna move down here to Miami and I'm gonna turn over Atlanta to Hakeem and Devin. My businesses have to managers and staff members that can handle me being away. I fly back twice a month and work on paperwork, but other than that, Rose and the kids need me out here."

"Uncle Neal!" Zaydha screamed running into the room.

"Hey, Zay," Neal said.

We all sat down and ate breakfast. "Mommy," Zaydha said. "Are were going back with Daddy or staying here with you?"

"Baby girl, daddy's staying here with you. Mommy and I are gonna work something out so that the four of us can be together."

I had to make things right for my children. "What about Atlanta?" Rose asked.

"Hakeem and Devin are in their way down here to discuss business out there."

Rose got up and walked out. "Daddy, is Mommy okay?" Zaydha asked.

"Mommy Mommy Mommy," Jamison started crying.

Neal tended to the children while I ran after Rose. "Baby, what's wrong?" I asked her.

"You can't just come here and disrupt my whole life. I said I would take care of them. That doesn't mean you pack up and move out here. You have several businesses in Atlanta that needs your attention. The kids will be fine."

"I'm doing it for more than just the kids, Rose. I'm doing this for you too. Don't you see; I wanna be with you. I can't do this without you. I need you, Rose."

"If you move out here, then you have to get your own place. You can't stay here with us. We just gotta take this slow."

Lord, this was gonna be harder than I thought. But for her, it was worth the fight.

I grabbed her from behind. My right hand went to her neck; while my left stayed on her waist. I moved her hair to the side. I leaned in and whispered in her ear.

"For you, I'll risk it all."

"And for you, I'll give the world," she said back. She turned around and she kissed me. Maybe I wouldn't have to overwork myself after all.