Chapter 15

Rose's POV

I love my morning runs. It gives me life. It's almost like meditation to me. When I go run, it helps me clear my head. I don't think about work or about my relationships. I focus on me and me only.

Once I got home, I saw Dominic's car in the driveway. I don't know why, but I got so excited at the thought of seeing him. Once I got inside, I heard him and Neal talking. I caught the tail end of the conversation.

"You think I don't know that, Neal," I said. "Yes I love that girl, and yes, I honestly wanna be with her. She cheated on me, Neal. She cheated!"

"And you did too! Then you had a baby on her! Twice at that!"

"Man, some shit you just can't come back from, and that's one of them. I can't just get over that."

"Dom, it's been six damn years since that happened. And you must be over it for you to let her go back and be friends with Lisa again. Hell be for real! She asked permission to be friends with someone! What female gone do that?

"Look, Dom, you're my best friend. We been riding since I was thirteen. I'ma have your back regardless, but this right here just ain't right. That girl is craving the love that can't nobody give her but you.

"Yeah I take her out every now and then, and niggas push up on her at the clubs, but she doesn't give them the time of day. She always say, 'I got a man at home waiting for me," and then she tell me let's go. She sleeps with your picture at night just to be close to you. You're gonna lose her, dawg. I'm just being honest with you. If I wasn't your boy, and she wasn't like a li'l sister to me, I'll try her."

Honestly I was afraid of what he was gonna say after that. I didn't want Dominic coming for Neal for no reason. I mean I already lost him, I didn't wanna lose Neal too.

"Nic, hey. What you doing here?" I said walking into the room. I really was happy to see him.

"I came to see you, but you were on your run," I said.

"I'ma catch y'all later," Neal said. "Bye, Lady Seven."

I looked around and didn't see the children. "Where the kids, Neal?" she asked.

"They sleeping," he said. "I'ma be out in the pool house."

"Nawl, let us go to the pool house," Dominic said. "You stay in here with the kids."

"Yeah, you right," Neal laughed. "Y'all go head. I'll be in my room."

He stuck his hand out for me, and I happily took ahold of it. I know what he got on his mind. Then I remembered I just got home from my run. "Wait, I need to go grab some clothes from my room. I'll meet you out there."

I was really tryna get to Neal first. Since we went to the movies that night, we've been making out on the regular. He gives good head. I keep telling him I wanna go all the way, but he won't do it.

I tapped on his door three times and waited for him to answer. "Hey, baby," he said. "Make it quick." I ran in and I kissed him. "You gone have sex with him?"

"I doubt it, but let me get out there before she suspect something. I love you."

"I love you too, Lady Seven."

I ran back to my room and grabbed some jogging pants and the jacket to match. I ran to the pool house looking for Dominic. I heard the water running so I went to towards the bathroom. He turned on the jacuzzi.

"Hey, what you doing?" I asked.

"I figured you could use a relaxing bath," he smiled. He held his hand out again. "Come here."

My feet quickly made their way over to him. He began pulling off my workout clothes. After I was undressed, he helped me into the jacuzzi. He was about to walk out, but I stopped him.

"You're not joining me?" I asked him.

"Do you want me to? Even after everything I did to you?"

"I love you regardless, Dominic."

I waited while he undressed down to his boxers, and he got in with me. I relaxed into his embrace. I missed his touch so much.

"Do you love me, Dominic?" I asked him.

"Yes, Rose. I love you so much."

"Then why all the other women?"

"No cap, I'm not over what you did with Lisa. I'm just not tryna get fucked over again."

"I told you after you found out that I wasn't gonna do anything else to jeopardize our relationship."

"Why did you take in Zaydha and Jamison? Was it because you thought I would automatically get with you?"

"No, Dominic, it wasn't to keep you. I did it because I want children. I would have taken in anybody's children. It just so happened to be your children that I took in. It wasn't a trap to keep you."

"I fucked up, RC. I did you so wrong, but I swear on my Moms I love you so much. I hope you can forgive me, Rose."

"I let it go a long time ago. I knew once you were ready you would find your way back. I ain't gone lie though, I was getting tired of waiting."

"Yeah, I know you were. I'm glad Neal is here looking out for you though. You be club hopping and shit. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Neal takes good care of us. He doesn't do anything you wouldn't do if you were there."

"Come on, let's get outta this water," he sayid. He grabbed my body wash and he washed my body real good.

I could have slept with him if I wanted to, but he had to show me he was serious about us and not just talk. Another reason being, I wanted Neal to put life back into this pussy first.