Social Therapy (A Mike Fuentes OneShot)

I felt the spine tingling sensation you get when you know someone is watching you. It was odd, something that I wasn't used to and I didn't like it. People didn't stare at me. I wasn't the kind of girl that anyone looked at for any reason. I was hidden from sight most of the time because I was mostly an introvert. The few characters I did know bored me with their immaturity and since I usually ended up as the butt end of their jokes I had really lost contact with the majority of them.

But I couldn't help the feeling that there was someone gazing at me.

Was it weird that I liked to sit alone in the park just to enjoy some silence? Granted it was around three in the afternoon and it wasn't exactly quiet with all the kids and parents running around, but somehow the chaos was sort of nice, calming even. The way the wind blew through the trees and ruffled my deep auburn locks was comforting in that it made me feel like I wasn't such a ghost. Ghosts didn't feel the wind...but I could. I lifted my head to the scent of spring, breathing deeply to take in the different colors of the world around me. Green grass...white daisies...and...something else that didn't quite smell so nice.

I opened my eyes and turned my eyes towards the source of the smell. It was behind me, the same direction as was the sensation of the staring eyes. As I shifted my body, I found that there was someone behind me. My cheeks flushed red when I met his gaze and realized he was the source of the bizarre smell.

And the sweat dripping off of his body was enough to make me understand what the odor was...but I was captivated for the first time by his eyes.

He wasn't that tall for a guy, but in comparison to my squat stance he was a giant. The lightly tanned skin stretched over hard sinew and muscle while images and creations of artwork painted over the canvas. Dark locks framed his angular face while piercing brown eyes seized my attention. He was wearing a straight brimmed hat, but it was on backwards and at this moment he was bending over to pick up a soccer ball...and smiling at me.

I bit my lip and turned around before grabbing my Ipod out of my pocket. Maybe I could drown out my interest in him with some music.

When I glanced over my shoulder to see if he was still there, the boy with the tattoos had vanished. I breathed a sigh of relief because in all honesty, I didn't know how to talk to attractive boys. It was hard enough to talk to people, let alone talk to ones that were making my heart palpitate. I tried to stop thinking about him, reminding myself that I was a serious kind of girl and didn't develop inane crushes on an instantaneous basis. I was not a drooling school girl.

I took a deep breath and tried again to rid myself of the image of his face, of his eyes meeting mine but it was in vain. I shook my head and grumbled softly before ripping the earbuds out of my head.

That was about the point something crashed into the back of my skull.

My body went sprawling out in front of the bench, hands unable to react quick enough to catch myself before my face hit the dirt. My legs must have touched the ground beside my head because I hit the ground so hard I felt like a rag doll that had been thrown forcefully across the room. Air rushed from my lungs in a 'harumph' that resounded through the park. It took me a moment to realize that I had heard a distinctive sound just as the something hit my head.

In all honesty it sounded like a fucking soccer ball.

"Holy fucking shit!" I heard a masculine voice call as someone came running over. There were a set of hands picking me up off of the ground and setting me on the bench while the person checked me over for injury. There was so much dirt crusted in my blue/gold eyes that I could barely open them.