The Things Words Don't Quite Get (A Jaime Preciado OneShot)

The line into the club was longer than we had expected, blaring music and bouncing bass causing our heads to pulsate with the sensation.  The boys had wanted to go out and have fun tonight, perhaps get a little drunk and do some stupid shit along the way.  I had tagged along to watch all of it and maybe get it on film so that later on I could blackmail the raucous group of boys that I hung out with.  They were fun, too much fun at times but I couldn’t help the allure of being around their intense energy.  I was never in a bad mood when I was with them.

    “Come on let us in you bunch of bitches!” Vic called, waving his hand at the bouncer holding up the line.  I chuckled to myself, leaning against the wall and whipping out my phone for some entertainment.  We were going to be here for a long time and I figured I may as well check out what was going on the electric device.

    Well that was the plan anyway.

    A hand waved over the bright, tiny screen and I glanced up, raising a brow at the owner of the hand.

    “You want to keep those digits?” I teased, smiling lightheartedly at the brunette with the addictive grin.  He pouted.

    “Don’t start Laura, you know you love these fingers,” he replied and I rolled my eyes.  He thought he was just so funny. 

    I stuck my tongue out at him.

    “Shutup,” I giggled, “I’m trying to look at my phone Mister.”  He chuckled and shrugged, pouting again as he looked at me.

    “Your phone can’t be more interesting than me you know, it’s just impossible,” he replied, leaning against the wall and gazing over my shoulder as I clicked on the internet.  I figured I could open up Google and try to find something interesting on there to keep my thoughts occupied.

    Well occupied and away from the brunette beside me.

    The butterflies causing my belly to knot itself into a tight twist were annoying.  I was self conscious like most girls but sometimes I wondered if I was more aware of my flaws than others.  Red hair spilled in curls over my shoulders while pale skin caused the color to pop and blue eyes stared out at the world with my usual, annotative sense of things.  I just liked to laugh and I would search out any reason to smile, be loud and bubbly.

    Which is probably how I ended up hanging with these four.  Tony was now laying on the floor in exasperation while Mike and Vic went up to see what was causing the hold up in the line.  Jaime, however, was still next to me.

    He wasn’t much taller than me, though his spiked brunette hair added a few inches to his stature.  That ever present smile was glued to his lips while bright brown eyes added to the effect of his happy nature.  He was always in a good mood, always jesting and teasing, leaping around while causing trouble in any place he went.  Jaime was the kind of guy any girl could fall for and unfortunately I was slowly starting to realize I was among that bunch of ravenous fan girls.

    But I was his friend, so lucky me I had an upper hand at this game.

    “Hey,” Jaime said, suddenly grabbing my beanie right off of my head, “I like this hat.”

    “The fuck Preciado,” I retaliated, giggling while I tried to reach for the hat.  He acted coy and stepped back.

    “Oh no no no, you’re not getting this back,” he teased, backing up even more and causing me to bust out laughing when he ran into the girl just feet from him.  She turned and gave him a dirty look, causing my fit of amusement to escalate.  “Shit, sorry, sorry…”