My Little Turtle (A Tony Perry OneShot)

I heard it coming from inside the motel room and I was dreading walking in there.  It wasn’t like it was something bad, like moaning and groaning or the like but there was the flicker of the television and the tell tale sounds of whooshing and leaping on and off of beds.  I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to go in there and see him like this because at times it could make me feel pretty uncomfortable.  I didn’t like being placed in situations I couldn’t find comfort in.  It was hard to tell him no though, watch that adorable face suddenly fall like I had just ruined his entire night.  Was it wrong to tell him no when it had happened so often before?

    A sigh escaped me.  The bus had broken down on our way to Memphis, Tennessee where the boys were going to play another all nighter.  We had to suspend the date since the RV decided to up and blow up on us.  It was really not that big a deal since it meant I actually got to spend time with him rather than just watching him down a bottle of Jack after a show.  He was a lot of fun when it got down to it and I liked being around him.

    Just not like this.

    I tucked a lock of the brown/blonde ombre hair that graced my skull behind my ear, telling myself to suck it up and act like a big girl.  That was a difficult concept to really grasp since I was on tour with a bunch of crazy boys that tended to bounce off the walls and drive me insane most of the time.  They were all my best friends, kids I’d grown up with in school and hung out with for the majority of my life.  They were too much fun to stay away from and when they’d asked me to come with them to help manage their stuff, I couldn’t say no.  Granted now that it was happening again, I wasn’t so sure if it was such a great idea to come.  I loved them, but certain things could be taxing even on a girl like me who enjoyed their company more than anyone else in the world.

    A growl escaped me as I realized I had no choice but to go into the room and face the reality of things.

    “Bailey!” cried a familiar voice, the spikey haired boy known as Jaime jumping up and down on one of the twin beds.  I was stuck with him and Tony for the evening, only thankful that I had only one set of the movie freaks.  Nonetheless I groaned when I heard the familiar tune on the television.

    “Dammit to hell Tony,” I growled, looking to the boy that made my heart beat two different kinds of fast.  He was staring avidly at the television, legs crossed on the bed and hands folded beneath his chin.  It was like he was a five year old watching Barney but it was far worse.  He had an unhealthy obsession with the Star Wars franchise.

    I took an instant to stare at him, indulge on his looks for a moment while I tried to get the theme song from Star Wars out of my head.  His lightly tanned skin stretched well over boyish features, the flesh painted with a menagerie of artwork from all over the world.  There were shades and hues, the black and the colors blending to create a tapestry over his skin that told tales even I couldn’t discern.  Black hair fell slightly into his yes, one half of his head shaved while the other was cut into a long fringe that hung down to his shoulder.  It was silky, moving with him as he turned to glance at me.  Those wide brown orbs met mine, causing me to shiver pleasantly before I was able to return to my senses and give him an expression that was not doe eyed and insipid.  It was a difficult transition but somehow I managed to get my eyes off of the piercing on his cheek, the wide gage of his ears and the sloping form of his lips.  I swallowed.

    “What’s wrong Bailey?” he questioned and I closed my eyes, relishing the sound of his voice for a moment.

    “Yeah, what’s wrong Bailey?” Jaime mimed, still jumping up and down on the bed like a toddler.  He started to make light saber noises, slightly making fun of Tony while having a bit of fun.  I could smell a bit of alcohol on him and that didn’t help the situation.