Stay, Stay, Stay (An Alex Gaskarth OneShot)

It’s the first time I have been on Warped Tour in my life and I was surprised my band was even invited.  I wasn’t sure if my voice and our music style would be good enough to be invited to this prestigious event of summer.  It’s hot enough that I’m baring my arms and legs even though I’m insanely pale and my legs are too muscular for my taste.  Being an ex dancer means that your thighs are much larger than all the little girls I’ve seen walking around her, but then again they are little girls.  I’m not the teenager I used to be and at twenty four, I am quite proud of where I am at this stage.  Even though I am in my twenties…I still feel like a kid in that I can’t help watching all my favorite bands.

    And right now, my blue eyes are being captivated by All Time Low.

    I admit that they’re style is exactly what made me fall in love with music.  They’re slight punk, slight pop attitude is captivating and their songs about their take on romance make me blush since I’m standing at the side of the stage.  Admittedly, I have quite the crush on the lead singer…but I am so painfully shy.  I don’t think that I will have the guts on this tour to talk to him.  Hell I’m biting my lip just watching him sing, and play guitar as it is…

    He glances my direction and I feel my cheeks go red.  He smiles and winks at me, making the sensation worse.

    After a moment of this, I couldn’t take it any longer.

    I stepped off stage and made way to my dinky little tour van where my boys from Reckless Abandon were waiting.  We were still small, trying to make it big but the fans we had were loyal.  At least we were playing on a decent size stage later in the afternoon rather than a tiny, pathetic thing where we played immediately when the place opened.  We were going on soon and I knew that my nerves were only going to get worse as time passed. 

    But fuck it.  What else did we live for as a band if we didn’t get anxious before going in front of a bunch of people?  This was normal, I felt like this every time.

    “Hey Jillian!” my guitarist Derek called.  He smiled and waved, “The fuck are you doing?  Shouldn‘t you be warming up your voice?!”

    “Shit,” I muttered to myself and then rolled my eyes, “How do you know I haven’t been huh?!”

    “Because you’ve been busy watching me,” came a voice from behind me.  I jumped at the familiarity of it, not believing or trusting my ears for one instant because I knew it couldn’t be him…right?

    I blushed as I met his eyes.

    His brown and blonde hair was disheveled, sweat causing it to stick to the skin of his face and in rough patches on his head where the hairspray wouldn’t allow it to move much.  There was a fresh gleam of perspiration on his body, a tank top gracing his muscular build and skinny jeans enveloping his legs.  He was taller than me, not by too much but by enough that I had to look up into those big brown orbs.  There was a little stubble on his chin, but the smile on his lips captured me in a way that made me seem like a complete imbecile.  I couldn’t speak.

    “You alright there?” he asked.  I stammered something incoherent and he just grinned broader.  “So uh…I know this is pretty unconventional but maybe instead of burgers and hotdogs at the usual tonight…maybe we could get some take out and hang out on my bus or something.”  I raised a brow.

    “Say what?” I questioned, thoroughly confused with his offer.  I didn’t even know him.

    “Well uh,” he said quickly, the faint blush on his cheeks leveling off the high amount of epinephrine flooding my body.  He pulled his lips into a line and sighed. “Well shit I just fucked that up huh?”  I scoffed softly in incredulity.