The deep end

"Watch out, Gravity Falls, because at a 110 degrees, we're looking at the hottest day of the summer!" Someone on TV said

"Watch out, Gravity Falls, because at a 110 degrees, we're looking at the hottest day of the summer!" Someone on TV said. We were all lying on the floor. It was a really hot day. I even took my hoodie off which was really rare for me.

"All in favor of doing nothing all day say 'ugh.'" Dipper told us

We all groaned "ughhh"

"On the bright side, pun very much intended, it's opening week at the Gravity Falls Pool." Suddenly all of us got up.

"Gravity Falls Pool?" Mabel asked.

"Today?" Dipper asked.

"Pun intended?" I asked as we all got up and went to up to change in swimsuits as quick as possible.

——————

We were finally at the pool. "Ah, the pool! A sparkling oasis of summer enchantment!" Mabel said.

"Yeah, nothing like sitting in a moist tub with strangers. It's like the bus, but wet." I said trying not to touch a lot of stuff around here.

"Whoa, whoa! Stop the presses! Who's that?" Mabel was pointing to a guy sitting in the pool.

"Oh god not another crush." I sighed. "Word is, he never leaves the pool. People say he's a 'Mysterious loner.'" I explained to her.

"Is it getting hot out here or is it just that guy?" Mabel said as I rolled my eyes.

"It's the hottest day of the year, Mabel. Besides, can't you go for one week without having a new crush on some random guy?" I asked her as she ignored me.

"Uh-uh. Look at his little mustache hairs!" She said as she ran up to him.

"Eh, Mabel's all talk. You wanna know a secret? She's never even kissed a guy before. She always messes it up somehow." Dipper told me.

"Hey, Mr. Pines!" I heard Wendy say as I turned to look at her.

"Wendy? Where's the lifeguard?" Stan asked as she laughed a bit.

"I am the lifeguard. I make the rules, sucka!" And so she threw a water balloon at Stan.

"Aah! She's attacking me with water!" Stan said as he left.

I looked at the people around and saw a familiar face. Alex. "Oh well I better be off" I nudged Dipper as I looked at Wendy then at him. I winked at him and left to talk to Alex. I knew Dipper hated me after that but whatever.

I walked up to Alex who didn't seem to notice me. "Boo" I scared him. He didn't really think much of it though.

"Em hi! What are you doing here?" He asked as I laughed.

"You kidding. It's the hottest day of the summer." I told him and sat on the edge of the pool with my feet in the water next to him. "Where's Mike?"