chapter 25 OUTSIDE

CHAPTER 25. OUTSIDE.

****song that inspired this chapter OUTSIDE-BY STAIND.****

CASPIAN.

And instantly the scent of Samantha's hair filled my lungs. I opened my eyes as I stood on her door step. My heart heaved and pounded furiously, so I closed my eyes trying to steady my vessels heart back to a safe and steady thrum. I reached up and out with my hand and knocked on her door. I heard her just beyond the door then, her sudden intake of breath. I sighed terrified, but so enchanted to finally be here. She was so close, so beautifully close. I felt such strong, immense emotions all at once, I thought I'd go mad. After all, I finally get to be reunited with my Samantha. All will be well, once again. Finally.

Reverberating in the air, I could hear the hum of our previous connection. Buzzing on the fringes just waiting for the moment to dive back into our lost, severed connection. Healing it.

Remembering the night I broke the worst law, I ever could've broken, besides choosing to keep her life, the night we kissed, the night our souls touched, I stood waiting, savoring.

Suddenly the door opened and in seconds Samantha's beauty was before me at last. I saw her yes, but not the her before me per say, but deep, deeper into her soul, the part I've always known. The bright shinning light that buzzed, and swam lazily within her. I sighed, finally I was home.

Then, she opened the door further, and there, a man stood, with his pants barely up, fist knotted within them to keep them somewhat in place. Upon further examination, my eyes darted back to Samantha, and her swollen lips, with what I'm guessing is this mans saliva still slick upon them. Her hair is knotted and completely askew. And the fact that she too, was nearly naked, wasn't the fact that said what went on here, no that was the look in her eyes, the look in his eyes.

Merely milliseconds, measly milliseconds ticked by in the spans of this-what ever you call this time, and this image before stained its way into my vision. Burned into my eyes, pupils fixing, dilating, bursting.

Heat rose out of my core, from perhaps my feet, I couldn't be sure. Locked on the present, on this mans eyes, locked on mine. Not blinking.

Not seeing.

Seething.

Seething.

Seething.

I was moving so fast, that I wasn't moving at all. My body hummed with a vibrating force that could part water. I stopped breathing, my last breath had been right before the knock, of her hair, savoring.

I swallowed back acidic bile.

SMACK!

Feverish, nearly insane, I hadn't seen Samantha fall and smack her head hard on the hardwood floors right in front of me. But even now just realizing this, I still hadn't really seen it. My eyes never left this man here in front of me. Only when his eyes broke away from mine did the whole scene before me play out. Chaos still under the spell, this trance of pure hatred, his eyes broke away darting toward the falling Samantha.

He dove towards her meaning to catch her, but is much too late.

"Samantha!..." it shouts.

************************************************************************

SAMANTHA.

"Samantha...

"Samantha. Please, wake up!"