chapter 23 SPLASH! CRASH! AND A DASH OF SH!T!!

CHAPTER 23. SPLASH! CRASH! BANG! AND A DASH OF SH!T!!

"It's not the god whom you serve that makes you angelic, but the wings you soar high above all else that truly make you an angel. Serve well, love have compassion, never forget and above all else be true. Serve wrong and live lies... you lose the dearest thing you've ever known. Your wings..."

SAMANTHA.

"OWW! HOLY-WHAT THE F-" "WHOA!" "OH MY GOD!" There was chaos everywhere, but I felt as if I were vibrating, anger, terror, and adrenalin coursing no pounding through my veins inflating me, puffing me up for defense. I know I can be erratic, crazy and kooky, but I've had what you could say a 'hard life' when I was younger. I learned on my own and with the help of Tiffany to grow happy, to come to peace with my life. I had to do a lot of defending growing up, and mostly I didn't know what I was defending or that whatever it was, was worth defending in the first place, but now all this right now, was worth it. I knew what was to be defended, and I was going to pull out all the stops to do so.

Like I said it was chaos, Tiffany, Robby and Jace, were all in movement and shouting all at the same time. I stood there hands held out at my sides in fists, heavily panting eyes closed to slits, standing, huffing, and puffing. Jace had flew into the corridor wall SPLAT! DRIP! DRIP! The coffee spilt to the floor. There was a dent were his head had hit, and he held his nose for dear life, as the blood spewed from it in heavy droplets to the floor. Tiffany had flown off the couch, and wasn't sure if she should run to me and hold me back, or tend to Jace. Robby looked like a scared little girl eyes all wide horror tinkling within them, and he side stepped gingerly towards Jace.

I wouldn't say I'm a 'tough guy' per say, but I'm sure not known for taking anyone's crap if you didn't know, now you know, ya know? that's what I used to say all the time, that was me in a nut shell. Seeing his face, his pain, all of there reactions sent something in me floating up, and horribly I felt... better somewhat. Am I bad person? God I hope not. Finally Jace opened his eyes and it was like he could see me even when they were closed because they found me instantly, and the look in them was... hurt, very hurt. And normal. He looked like he was going to cry, he was hurt from the punch itself, and the fact that I was the one who threw it. Something immediately felt off.

The... his-his eyes. Curious, I had to step forward, I did. I was just about in front of him when Tiff went to stop me, even Robby's scaredy cat persona would stop I bet if I tried to hit his friend again, but say if the hits were to go his way? Then running like a scared slapped puppy, all the way home. "Stop!" Tiffany said but I wasn't even really hearing her, nor seeing her I needed to see Jace, really see him. I shoved her stopping hand aside and pushed towards him, landing directly in front of him. The 'pissed off' look found its way into his hurt, suffering eyes and he exhaled a hard short breath in defiance. He took a step back to place some distance between us I suppose, and I stepped closer our body's touching.

Up on the tips of my toes, my eyes creased, eyebrows bent in complete concentration, I read and studied his eyes. Watching. Waiting. My eyes made a soft snapping sound as the raced side to side, in discovery. Hands still held tight cupping his crumpled nose, "You wana take another hit?" Jace said quietly and quite harshly. But Jace. Just Jace. His eyes stayed the same no change at all in the way he spoke, the way they worked, looked. My eyes fell deeper forming a shocked and ashamed formation, I was now hurt myself. I took in a quick steadying breath and before I felt the familiar prick, I stared into his eyes, as my hands slowly crept up and over lapped his, cupping his hands sheltering his nose. I removed them slowly and took a look at his nose. It was a bit swollen, red and slightly crooked. I felt the prick then and my eyes dashed to his and the tears pooled, my lips quivered just slightly, and I leaned into him and kissed him ever so gently. "I'm so sorry," I whispered.