CHAPTER 10. Animal inside of you.

• Dedicated to Prashant Jha

CHAPTER 10.                                                      ANIMAL INSIDE OF YOU.

BY SAMANTHA THOMAS 2010 ©

CASPIAN

I couldn't believe it! I had no reason not too, considering what I am and all that I stand for, but honestly, it was truly remarkable. I saw myself at the time it was from, and it was despicable. It was me, right after I walked out on Samantha in her hospital room. I hadn't seen her face as I walked out, as I had intended. She hollered at me, but seeing it this way, I see it now. And I wish with all I was, that I hadn't. I wish I hadn't seen it, known it, but most of all that I had never caused the pain that is etched into her beautiful face now.

It aged her, withered her. Ruining her soul, I could see that now. Sorrow that deep, that heavy, could only cause that kind of reaction. But worst of all still, was that I could see the exact moment our connection snapped. Disconnected. The exact moment the sorrow and blackness set in to stay and grow and spread itself like cancer, like death. For it was death itself. Cold, black, empty death.

I could see me plaster myself against the hospital wall, trying with all my might to be one with it. To hide in shame, of the chaos I had created. My sorrow filled eyes were closed tight, so tight. Tears streaked down my face slowly, but Samantha's tears poured down in large, wild, floods. I can hear every tear fall, down, down her beautiful, perfect face. Chest heaving up and down with ragged heart wrenching sobs, unbearable. My chest heaves in and out as well, nowhere matching her broken rhythm, not even close.

My thoughts were elsewhere, on her protection, her survival. I needed it to be so, then. I still need it so, so very much. Still watching the scene, the eyes of me then, snapped open, I could literally see the moment I sensed my brethren coming, so I fled. The projected image fades, and aqua and fuchsia fill the empty space. "That was just a glimpse, there is much more to come winged one." The loud and booming voice spoke once more, and I pondered whom of the Sienna figures it belonged to... "That would be Uukenay. He is the 'loud and booming voice' you are referring too." Nayu said, answering my thoughts.

I nodded my understanding and returned my attention back to the Sienna elders. This time, the last floating figure that was to the left, came closer, and then spoke. "You must have many questions of course, but be that as it may, you must pay close attention as I'm much sure you will. You see, you may find the answers you so dearly seek, winged one..." 

That voice was newly spoken into my head. Light, airy, whisper like, yet undeniably feminine. I gave another nod, only in my face held the determination, and utter compliance even though everything in my core's core told me to ask everything I needed answers too. All because I feared I hadn't the time.

"You must listen to Shesha. We speak the utmost truth, if you cannot be patient young Caspian, I am saddened to inform that you will not find the answers you wholeheartedly seek." Said Nayu.

But against the Sienna's and Nayu's prior notions about myself and better still, against my inner judgments, I asked aloud, " How can this be? How is any of this conceivable? What are all of you?" I couldn't help it, an over flowing of words erupted through my mouth. I hadn't meant to do it, but yet, I had. Yet, none of the questions I had asked, were what I most wanted answers to. Nor had I received any answers to them, instead the painless convulsions coursed through me once more due the electric like current it caused and another picturegram filled the space in front of me...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAMANTHA.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone, immediately becoming relieved, "Thank God, Tiffany! You are not gonna believe what-"