[ Epilogue ]

Inaya's POV

I set down the last bit of cupcakes on the table.

"I can't believe you've been married to him for a year. How did you survive?" Caterina says as she attaches the last bit of balloons to the wall.

"I almost didn't." I wink and then, I burst out laughing.

"Don't say that! It makes me feel guilty." Mehar frowns.

Dominic had handed over Mehar's father and his own father over to the authorities after discussing with the rest of the Cosa Nostra that would be correct move. This way the law enforcement wins in the eyes of the public and the Cosa Nostra keeps out the traitors.

Plus, according to Caterina's parents, even if either of the men start saying anything, the authorities have agreed to look the other way in order to keep everyone else safe. They have no plans of messing with the Family... yet. Apparently, the law enforcement knows better.

I give her a firm hug. "None of that was your fault. I wouldn't have survived after my parents' death, let alone this, if it weren't for you guys."

"You're always being so sweet. I hate you." Mehar teases.

"I'm sure Dominic loves that you're so sweet." Caterina smirks.

"She really doesn't pass a chance to crack a nasty joke, does she?" Mehar giggles.

"No, she doesn't." I smile.

"One year, huh? That's amazing. You two still look like you've just recently fallen in love." Mehar grins. "I want something like that."

"Insha'Allah, your day will surely come. I'm sure He has something planned for you." I pat her back.

After finishing up decorating the home and setting up the food, I finally sit down to get ready. Mehar and Caterina has gone back home to get ready.

It's a small anniversary party. Dominic wanted something big and lavish but I said we could do that later on. We invited Cat, Nick, Mehar, Haraz, Benny, Lenny and Angela. I wanted this one to be just with the people we love and care about.

"Especially, because I have a surprise for everyone today." I say out loud while staring at the little bags I have prepared for everyone.

I have all my jewelry on except for the necklace, which I'm struggling to clasp on.

Suddenly, a pair of hands take the necklace from behind me.

"Dominic." I smile.

"Let me." He says as he places the necklace over my neck and clasps it.

His fingers slowly trace down my neckline until his hand wrap around my waist. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you." I blush.

It's been a year and I still can't take compliments from him without feeling the intense butterflies in my stomach.

He places his lips softly on my nape of my neck, making his way down to my shoulder blades. "You look so fucking gorgeous." He mumbles against my skin.